Wouxun KP-UVD1P Dual Band Hand Held

A section for forum members to post reviews of equipment they own or have owned.

Moderator: Nafenn

Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Wouxun KP-UVD1P Dual Band Hand Held

Post by Nick »

Very sensitive. Excellent selectivity. Not very user friendly but once programmed easy enough to use. Being able to monitor two bands at the same time (and toggle transmit between bands with one button) is very good.
Audio quality equal to my IC-T90. The torch is a useful function.
A Yaesu Vxr-x or Icom ICT-90 is more flexible however when you compare what you get for the price these are excellent value.
Best of all the spare Lithium Ion battery $17 (1700 mAh and all day use). All the accessories for the unit are very reasonably priced. Programming software FREE from the manufacturer. Programming lead a common Kenwood lead. (and very cheap anyway)

The only bad thing is these are being sold locally (and overseas with opened up wide band tx, 138-174 and 400 to 480 mHz) indiscriminately which may lead to problems from the brain dead that use the radio's to intrude. I really wish they were not listed as CB's....Mine was sold as a Triband 2 metre,70 Centimetre and CB radio at Hamfest. (Not type approved for the CRS)

My 2 cents,
Nick
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: Wouxun KP-UVD1P Dual Band Hand Held

Post by Fastlane »

What sort of price, Nick?
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Wouxun KP-UVD1P Dual Band Hand Held

Post by Nick »

Ebay $150 typical price with software and programming lead. I paid abit more at Hamfest but got a spare battery, battery eliminator and a few more toys with it.