Curious about VKI recruitment

News and information about the use of radio technology in commercial or industrial environments.

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Aztech

Curious about VKI recruitment

Post by Aztech »

Im sure this has been answered before, I did a quick search but was unable to find the answer, so I'm going to ask again.

Is Vki a Civi operation? and if So, what are the pre-reqs, for the position.

Also, the new 131 444 number, I hear is A civilian op, how does 1 go about apply for a position there?

Cheers for the help guys =)

A!
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

:wink:
Last edited by Tom on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I asked a mate of mine's old fella (copper at POC) about this. He told me that the last time POC advertised for civillian dispatchers was in December 2005, they advertised 15 or so positions. Most were filled internally and around 6 new people came in, the new people were mostly in their 20's and most were already working for the police elsewhere. These new people are still there, although 1 has had to be retrained recently because he's not very good at it. They have also had an ongoing fill up from the people who were pooled from the applicants. Most of the civvies who work there are old blokes nearing retirement, it is unknown if they will be filled from a pool or not when they go.

The PAC have a high turnover of staff and advertised again recently, the successful applicants are in training at the moment, but he believes they're there to cover the summer busy period.

PAC and POC are in the same building in rooms next to each other, he mentioned something called IRF which is also in the same building, they are civvies too.