The Enforcers

Discussion on TV shows featuring emergency services (RPA, The Force etc) and Media organisations
yorky

The Enforcers

Post by yorky »

Appears to be a new show on Channel 9, 6:30pm Sunday nights. First one tonight.
This compelling new series gives an insight into the experiences and challenges of council rangers and officers across the country, working hard to serve their local communities.
Has rangers from around Aus, including tonight Town of Vic park and City of Cockburn.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: The Enforcers

Post by written_ficton »

yorky wrote:Appears to be a new show on Channel 9, 6:30pm Sunday nights. First one tonight.
This compelling new series gives an insight into the experiences and challenges of council rangers and officers across the country, working hard to serve their local communities.
Has rangers from around Aus, including tonight Town of Vic park and City of Cockburn.
Brilliant show I reckon and an awesome way to telling the public what Rangers do and why we do it. Most of you guys usually see us as those idiots that give people parking fines.

And you never know you may see a strapping young member of WARSUG starring in one at a later stage in the series.
I've closed the door!
yorky

Post by yorky »

Honestly if anyone has a problem with getting a ticket in a no stopping/parking zone etc they should get a free slap with the ticket. Maybe have some sort of slapping division. Three tickets and you get a boot up the bum.

There should be nothing but respect for them.

I personally got a parking fine (the only fine I've ever received in my life) a while back because my ticket had expired by like 4 minutes. Did I jump up and down? Nope.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

... The sheep was rather funny...
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Next there will be a show about the taxation office...
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

singkenten wrote:Next there will be a show about the taxation office...
Seems like you have something against Rangers?

I reckon this show is an awesome way of showing the public just exactly what we do. Everyone thinks of us as those ***** who give parking fines out.

It's completely the opposite, whilst parking is a major role, have you ever considered 'why' we do this. Think about Schools? Its all about community service, like today I spent part of the morning running around the backyard of a resident trying to catch a mother duck and its ducklings who liked the pool over the pond.
I've closed the door!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Don't think he was having a stab at rangers... just that they seem to be making reality shows about just about every profession these days, thats all...
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

.... fastlane yeah that was part of my point... however wf has pretty much justified the main point I was making...
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

singkenten wrote:.... fastlane yeah that was part of my point... however wf has pretty much justified the main point I was making...
Sorry singkenten, just came across that you have got a grudge against Rangers. Fair enough, most people do not like receiving an infringement of any kind.

But there is a huge difference between Taxation and Rangers
I've closed the door!
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Ha, come to Sydney and tell me you still like Rangers! When all they do is patrol on foot enforcing rip-off parking meters and other minor parking offences, I lose respect or compassion.
I would rather see them roaming targeting professional drivers who are doing the complete wrong thing, and people parked dangerously and in clear disregard.

Outside of enforcing ridiculous parking scams by councils, the work done by Rangers is good and important. But trying to make a song and dance on TV about parking infringements is over the top, and just another copy of what is happening in the US and UK. And a whole series? At least that Undercover Boss show mixes up the stories a bit.

Maybe we can have a show about the Traffic Management companies who look after roadworks next?

All these shows and there are very creative people in this country struggling to get their original ideas up!

No offence wf and good for you if you get your mug on the telly, but Primetime TV?
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

What about a show on road workers.... "Lollypop Men: Slow or Go...."

orrrrr Crosswalk attendants..... infact im going to write to CH7, 9 & 10 now. haha :lol:
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

The closer you get to the City Center the more Parking Related jobs arise, hence why I would presume that in Sydney majority of there workload is to do with Parking. But the rules and regulations are there for a reason.

In the outer suburbs its a completely different kettle of fish and where the true 'Ranger' comes out to play. Looking at a few other sessions in the pipeline, hopefully your respect for Rangers will come back.

Pity there were no camera's rolling whilst chasing a rather fast dog down a major highway!

and
Maybe we can have a show about the Traffic Management companies who look after roadworks next?
is just taking the piss :mrgreen:
I've closed the door!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

wf... on a similar not - Who can you call after hours to complete the role of a ranger i.e. dangeroous dogs, abandoned pets?
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

singkenten wrote:wf... on a similar not - Who can you call after hours to complete the role of a ranger i.e. dangeroous dogs, abandoned pets?
ghost busters? sorry had to

but seriously, great point. and what about stray cats stuck in your back yard? the council rangers don't want to know about it and when you ring cat haven or places like that, they also don't want to know about it. its either i get scratched to death while trying to save it myself, or let my german shepherd deal with it.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

phreak wrote:
singkenten wrote:wf... on a similar not - Who can you call after hours to complete the role of a ranger i.e. dangeroous dogs, abandoned pets?
ghost busters? sorry had to

but seriously, great point. and what about stray cats stuck in your back yard? the council rangers don't want to know about it and when you ring cat haven or places like that, they also don't want to know about it. its either i get scratched to death while trying to save it myself, or let my german shepherd deal with it.
Sorry slipped through the cracks.

A couple of councils are 24hrs with the calls going via pager to the relevant offier [depends where you live] which will then turn out to your call. If its a PWC or WAL Dog they will attend [depending on resources] Cat's are a different kettle of fish with many people allowing their cats outside.

If its wildlife injury etc, best contact Wildcare [Part of DEC] who will attend.

In response to the CAT Haven, I believe that you have to take the Cat to them?
I've closed the door!