Rush

Discussion on TV shows featuring emergency services (RPA, The Force etc) and Media organisations
Scottus

Rush

Post by Scottus »

Hey i am a huge fan of the new program on channel 10 on tuesdays at 9:30, 'Rush', who elce whatches and what do you think?? :D
yorky

Post by yorky »

I'm *guessing* this was moved from the media section because its not a real life TV show? :? (There are other thread in there that are fictional shows).

Anyway I think its ok, bit rough around the edges, shows that cops have lives of there own to deal with and that they aren't just robots.

I'm glad there is more violence and they don't sugar coat everything (ie the suicide jumper, people with guns etc). Bit strange however that the 'Inspector' is a bit on young side? Seems she isn't miss goody two shoes (ie the first ep was it that she did an awful lot of criminal damage), and the Constable that is a little young to be in the 'elite team'? He gets put on point with a rifle etc yet in later eps says he hasn't even shot someone? Seems to be given a lot of roles that would usually go to the more experienced.

And what's with them having there 'own' comms centre, and garage? What, are they too good for every one else to mix in with? Not that its a big issue, if they get the job done then so be it just seems a little out of the ordinary.

7/10.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

yorky wrote:I'm *guessing* this was moved from the media section because its not a real life TV show? :? (There are other thread in there that are fictional shows).
You guessed wrong ... the real reason is that I had a brain fade :) Should have left it where it was... :P
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

tactical units are suited for young people due to the fitness requirements, though the show is based on the victoria police critical incident respoinse group which is a level between general duties police and their tactical unit.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

abit like ROG/delta here in Perth?
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
perthskies

Post by perthskies »

I quite like it.

But I find it cheesy and silly how the show mocks the normal Police Officers making the tactical ones look more superior.

- Officers arrive with lights and sirens when told not to. "What do you think this is? The Royal Show? Get outta here!"

- Officers pursuing the car that drove away from the RBT (random breath test) with lights and sirens when told to switch them off: gets told off by tactical officer later

- An officer skids along the road with arms inside the window of the RBT as the offender drives off

- An officer gets critically injured from the prisoner that escapes from gunshot wound

- In that same episode, an officer is unable to describe in detail the offender's vehicle that drives past "What colour?" "A dark one!"

:roll:
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

it jst TV. but hey i love to see how u couyld make show that all perfect
perthskies

Post by perthskies »

I know it's just TV, but certainly you'd agree there are some better Police TV dramas around. :wink:
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

police rescue abc tv.. good show.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I watched 20 minutes of it the other night when I got back from doing something and was eating dinner...some school hate thing...I laughed. The only things I could see going for the show was the chick who had her car blown up and the other chick who taunted her.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.