violence in australia

Discussion on TV shows featuring emergency services (RPA, The Force etc) and Media organisations
woobla

violence in australia

Post by woobla »

interesting mini article + video on ninemsn

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=334171
spacy250

Post by spacy250 »

Interesting ...... Its getting like this in Perth already....everyone wants to kill each other!!!
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

spacy250 wrote:Interesting ...... Its getting like this in Perth already....everyone wants to kill each other!!!
you mean just on here (WA Radio Scanner Users' Group
) or actually out there in perth...? :?
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
spacy250

Post by spacy250 »

Out on our streets.....people are stabbing, bashing and just wont to kill each other. Ive done more stabbings in the last 6 months than I have in the last 3 years.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

spacy250 wrote:Ive done more stabbings in the last 6 months than I have in the last 3 years.
:smt104
woobla

Post by woobla »

spacy250 wrote:Out on our streets.....people are stabbing, bashing and just wont to kill each other. Ive done more stabbings in the last 6 months than I have in the last 3 years.

8-[

I hope you mean you have attended more stabbings.. lol.

I think the problem is with most english speaking countries, over the last 50 years they have deteriorated with the social fabric decaying, no respect for the law, or each other.

In some countries it is a lot less. take for instance Germany and Austria, I have lived in both for a long time. And I have come to the conclusion that there is a few things that have made it so.

In germany and austria they both have compulsory military service + the language itself is divided into a formal and informal tone. From the start of life children are taught that to speak to adults/ police/ old people /teachers etc.. you must speak formally and with respect. There is also more culture in these countries compared to Australia where we copy everything else in the world. And people still take responsibility in these countries and consider it a moral obligation to do so.

{EDIT: Removed by admin - language}
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: violence in australia

Post by Kyle »

woobla wrote:interesting mini article + video on ninemsn

Didn't know Sydney was that rough!!.. Glad I live in sleepy Perth.. (-:

Mind you in another topic they were talking about NSW Paramedics wanting stun guns. Mind you if someone going, is to try and hurt or kill a AO or Paramedic in the back of Ambulance. Im sure the Police wouldn't mind if you shocked them with a Defibrillator.. Pitty they are doing away with the Paddles.

Another question why don't they chip car engines [Pulbic Cars / Trucks] in Australia to prevent them from going over 110. Never quite figured out why you have a Speedometer that shows up to 220 when the limit is 110. Might make Police pursuits easier if they chip engines or reduce high speed accidents.

Im just full of questions today... lol :shock: :idea: :idea: :idea:
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Kyle wrote:

Mind you in another topic they were talking about NSW Paramedics wanting stun guns. Mind you if someone going, is to try and hurt or kill a AO or Paramedic in the back of Ambulance. Im sure the Police wouldn't mind if you shocked them with a Defibrillator.. Pitty they are doing away with the Paddles.

Another question why don't they chip car engines [Pulbic Cars / Trucks] in Australia to prevent them from going over 110. Never quite figured out why you have a Speedometer that shows up to 220 when the limit is 110. Might make Police pursuits easier if they chip engines or reduce high speed accidents.

What good would that do?? There'd just be a market for people that can reprogram the chip!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Tyranus wrote:
Kyle wrote:

What good would that do?? There'd just be a market for people that can reprogram the chip!
most of the jap cars that people import the fast ones, all come speed limited to 160km.. funnily enoughone of the biggest selling items is a chip that removes this restriction.

always people out there unfortunately.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Kyle wrote:[
It's not as simple as that. Car engine management systems are bought from companies like Bosch as a complete setup... having a speed limit on all vehicles would need an "Australia mod" which would significantly increase the cost of the EMU.

Besides, I live in hope of us getting some decent road upgrades in Australia and seeing the 110 limit increasing one day. :-)

Speed doesn't kill. Accidents do.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

vk6hgr wrote:Speed doesn't kill. Accidents do.
No, it's the sudden stop at the end that does. :shock:
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

which is generally due to an accident.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Just like guns don't kill people, people kill people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bbXgUNOws
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

WPXZBP wrote:
vk6hgr wrote:Speed doesn't kill. Accidents do.
No, it's the sudden stop at the end that does. :shock:
Mixed in with the idiot behind the wheel!

8)
MandyMuffin

Post by MandyMuffin »

woobla wrote:
spacy250 wrote:Out on our streets.....people are stabbing, bashing and just wont to kill each other. Ive done more stabbings in the last 6 months than I have in the last 3 years.

8-[

I hope you mean you have attended more stabbings.. lol.

I think the problem is with most english speaking countries, over the last 50 years they have deteriorated with the social fabric decaying, no respect for the law, or each other.

In some countries it is a lot less. take for instance Germany and Austria, I have lived in both for a long time. And I have come to the conclusion that there is a few things that have made it so.

In germany and austria they both have compulsory military service + the language itself is divided into a formal and informal tone. From the start of life children are taught that to speak to adults/ police/ old people /teachers etc.. you must speak formally and with respect. There is also more culture in these countries compared to Australia where we copy everything else in the world. And people still take responsibility in these countries and consider it a moral obligation to do so.

{EDIT: Removed by admin - language}

I'm actually doing an english oral presentation on this topic. We had to find an issue in the media and talk about it, and I realised how much of an increase in violent, random attacks there is.
I need to come up with reasons for it and also ways to fix it. The whole part about the social fabric decaying is so true. If people could help me out with some ways of fixing it, it would be very helpful