92.9 Breakfast Radio Host Gets Tasered!

Discussion on TV shows featuring emergency services (RPA, The Force etc) and Media organisations
Adzy

92.9 Breakfast Radio Host Gets Tasered!

Post by Adzy »

Watch Wippa from the 92.9 Breakfast show here in Perth get Tasered!

Check out the video here: http://www.929.com.au/shows/emwippatim/ ... ETS-TASERD
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Fantastic usage of police resources and manpower.................
Anon-e-mouse

Post by Anon-e-mouse »

Well its a Snr Sargent an Inspector and a trainer. Not exactly front line police. Not sure about the two officers in the back ground. It was also more than likely filmed early morning during the breakfast show.

It also serves a purpose in showing people how the taser works and that the police are not all about being bad. Gets them out in the public eye showing people abit of what they do.. Kind of like the force but in a different medium with a different target audience.

Personally I think it is a good PR exercise and will give some people the chance to see a part of policing they may never get to see in real life.

May also deter some people from wanting to be shot by a taser.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

anon e mouse is right , i think its just to get the word out to those who havent been electricuted that it F**KING hurts , and if they see how much it hurts some one else are they going to want to try it out for themselfs????
its cheaper to make an example of one person than to taser every one indervidualy**
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

weak as piss....should have gone the full 5 :twisted:

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Also convincingly answers the question of peolpe touching a Tazer victim. Two officers holding on to Wippa throughout and neither show any effect of the shock.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I've seen it On Cops, where people have held a guy down when he is resisting and they taser him, and no effect on either officer.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

[quote="Tom"]Fantastic usage of police resources and manpower.................[/quote]

sesh lighten up, its good PR
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

[quote="auntys_eyes"]Also convincingly answers the question of peolpe touching a Tazer victim. Two officers holding on to Wippa throughout and neither show any effect of the shock.[/quote]

yup, but dont touch him between the probes