Telethon

Discussion on TV shows featuring emergency services (RPA, The Force etc) and Media organisations
auntys_eyes

Telethon

Post by auntys_eyes »

Are any WARSUGers, other than me, working at Telethon this year :?:

If you are going along to see Telethon at the Convention Centre, then you might see me hard at work. I will be working on the opening shift, from when the show starts on Saturday night till about 11pm. Then on the closing shift from about 2pm Sunday till the show finishes. Not sure what camera yet.

Don't forget to ring up and donate your pocket money :)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I've always wanted to do a telethon but never known exactly who to offer my services to :)

I suppose calling Channel 7 may have been a bright idea after all
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

I'll probably be at the opening and closing, and possibly at MINQ Sat after the opening for drinkies... I'll look out for you.

AE - I looked for you at the funeral today to see if you were on a camera but didn't spot you (unless you were stuck in the rain outside :(

Bonez - didn't you work for STW for a while? I'd imagine 7 would love your help. I'll dig up a contact and post it here for volunteers (if they are still needed).
celestial_insight
Banned

I have a contact name and number but they don't want it published on a forum - if you are genuinely interested, pls PM me and I'll give you the details to volunteer..
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

celestial_insight wrote:AE - I looked for you at the funeral today...
c_i - Had Monday off. TVW used the ABC's truck and gear, but as far as i know only 1 ABC cammo.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

VFAS wont be there this year for some unknown reason - its a real pitty - we were there every other year.... :roll:
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

gkoutlis wrote:VFAS wont be there this year for some unknown reason - its a real pitty - we were there every other year.... :roll:
Will there still be some sort of first aid available?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

spartacus wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:VFAS wont be there this year for some unknown reason - its a real pitty - we were there every other year.... :roll:
Not sure yet little buddy - will have to wait and see...

G
celestial_insight
Banned

auntys_eyes wrote:
celestial_insight wrote:AE - I looked for you at the funeral today...
c_i - Had Monday off. TVW used the ABC's truck and gear, but as far as i know only 1 ABC cammo.
No worries. I knew it was the ABC's gear and truck (ABC even gave TVW a $10k discount on the hire... well at least they only charged for the analogue truck even though they used the digital gear..nice..) but I thought you may be there. Cool.
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

gkoutlis wrote:
spartacus wrote:
Not sure yet little buddy - will have to wait and see...

G
VFAS has done it for 39 years and now they have decided to give someone else a shot at providing the first aid, who have been bugging them for years, love to find out who it is
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

my bet is advance life or royal life savers
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I will be there for the opening and closing ceremony. I plan on being in the crowed for the full duration of Telethon. With the exception of toiletting, food and drinks.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I think it could be that other organisatin Wizzard - who were at the One day cricket - Australia vs England at the WACA this January I think it was... Can't remember.... hang on - "Sports Medicine" - maybe it could be them....
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

Donga wrote:I will be there for the opening and closing ceremony. I plan on being in the crowed for the full duration of Telethon. With the exception of toiletting, food and drinks.
I would love to do that, but I don't think I could stay awake that long! :(
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Bobby wrote:
Donga wrote:I will be there for the opening and closing ceremony. I plan on being in the crowed for the full duration of Telethon. With the exception of toiletting, food and drinks.
I would love to do that, but I don't think I could stay awake that long! :(
I lasted the whole 24hours last year. Most of the time in the studio the last few at home. This year I am up for the challenge. Lots of caffine will be the trick.