The Code - Channel 9

Discussion on TV shows featuring emergency services (RPA, The Force etc) and Media organisations
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

The Code - Channel 9

Post by Bobby »

Anybody watch The Code on channel 9 tonight??? Similar to The Force, but in NSW. Seems quite good, but not as good as The Force.....
imacop

Post by imacop »

yeah, it started last week.
made by the same people who made border security/the force, so it has that annoying switch-between-stories thing. would be much better if they just had three 10 minutes segments in a row like COPS.

the court visits on the show don't seem very exciting. tonight some repeat car thief got away with a suspended sentence. ie- scott free. i don't want to see crims get away after the hard work the POLICE do at catching them.

that bloody switch-between-stories thing is making it hard to keep watching.
silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

Anyone know if The Force is coming back ?
It was a good show, only showed 1 series I think
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

It sure is Silent_wingz. There may even be a cameo from a warsug member :P
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Im curious to know if they just have one film crew or a couple that go out and then just file through footage whats good and whats not to put on, i know when we did angels of mercy they had 4 crews at random stations and just put together the good or interesting call outs.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Not sure about The Force, but when we were making Police Training Academy (ABCTV) a couple of years back we only had one crew at a time working, although there were a few different cammos. I know a couple of people who worked on the first series of The Force, and i believe it was made a similar way, but with some crew coming from the eastern states.

Regardless of how many crews there are, there is still a tonne of footage that has to be culled down to make the shows.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

imacop wrote:yeah, it started last week.
made by the same people who made border security/the force, so it has that annoying switch-between-stories thing. would be much better if they just had three 10 minutes segments in a row like COPS.
Made by the same people? It's on a completely different TV network, so I somehow doubt this is true.. (The Force is made by 7's News and Current Affairs arm).
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Independent production companies make most of these types of programmes and then sell them to which ever broadcaster wants to buy them. So shows made by the same companies can be seen on different networks.

Many programme makers enter in to co-productions (co-pros) with a network wherein the network provides money an/or facilities, and sometimes the show is made to look like it was produced by the network.

Yes, The Force was (is?) made by 7, but i believe by the Productions unit and not News/CAff.

VBFB Member

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

auntys_eyes wrote:Yes, The Force was (is?) made by 7, but i believe by the Productions unit and not News/CAff.
It has 7 News plastered all over the credits etc which is why I made the assumption.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Fastlane wrote:It has 7 News plastered all over the credits etc which is why I made the assumption.
Must admit i haven't seen the credits of an episode of The Force yet, so your assumption may prove to be correct.
I too was making an assumption based on how most of this stuff is produced, and from what i heard on the grapevine from 7. :oops:

VBFB Member

silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

You are actually both correct... The television show is made by the production unit, the same team that produced "Border Security (Sydney)". All local intelligence and information is gathered through 7 News (Perth). The News division simply act as advisors, all staff and equipment is sourced from productions (Sydney). Incidently WAPOL was the last (except NT) police division to be asked to host the television show, all other states rejected the idea.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

silent_wingz wrote:... all staff and equipment is sourced from productions (Sydney).
I know some local freelancers (camera and sound) that worked on the show, but they may have been doing 2nd unit stuff.

VBFB Member