Police Frequencies in Bunbury

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Beachie

Police Frequencies in Bunbury

Post by Beachie »

Another Newbie question :)

I've been listening to the Police in BY for a couple of weeks now on 486.175 and all they appear to do is ask for Rego/Licence details of cars they are stopping.

Are there other channels that I haven't found, or does nothing ever happen down here?

Beachie
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Most of the jobs are given out by phone.......
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Friday & Saturday nights are the big ones.

468.075 is Waroona/Coast road where you'll hear about traffic stops/crashes etc.

Other than that they usually use phone if it's a serious job, or if the police are at the station then they'll usually grab the jobs off the screen and head out themselves if required.

Normally you should hear a bit more than what you said you were hearing, maybe it just depends on what time you are listening.
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

G'day Beachie,
The following are usually listenable in Bunbury if you have an outside antenna .If you use a small antenna on the car there is not to many places you won't here these channels.
467.925 Collie
468.300 Donnybrook and southwards ( was good on Saturday because of Bikies and during the week several chases down Balingup way.)
468.550 Busselton /Dunsborough/Margaret River etc (linked repeaters all can hear each other.
468.250 Mandurah/Pinjarrah
468.600 SES ch1 Harvey Road rescue,Collie ses etc
468.625 SES ch2 Bunbury,Australind etc
Hope this helps
Nick
Beachie

Post by Beachie »

Thank fellas

Great help once again. Looks like I'm going to have to get an external aerial.

What's the best, a Discone?
stevesperformance

Post by stevesperformance »

yeah go for a discone.I'm using one and it up 20 metres and can get bunbury police here in margaret river.On some nights can get most perth channels
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

If you are mainly after the police and uhf frequencies try a UHF cb 6 to 12 db gain base antenna for good results. Never scrimp on the coax if it is more than a few metres long get good quality RG213 ( available from Jaycar in Stephen street or DSE in Blair st .Shop for prices you may get a surprise.If you want broadband a discone ,Good coax and height is might.
wayne
Scanners and Receivers: Funcube SDR Dongle Pro+
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

Bunbury and Busselton Police have been very active on 469.225 Mhz lately using it as much as 468.175 Mhz.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

yeah what's the go with that frequency? Only been registered since 28-apr-2005 and it's at the same repeater site as channel 14 (468.175)

wonder why they have a 2nd repeater up there now? bit strange I say..
wayne
Scanners and Receivers: Funcube SDR Dongle Pro+
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

469.225 Mhz seems to carry alot of different traffic as well -
Margaret River Mobiles calling their base, Busselton Mobiles calling their base and so on and alot more rego checks, there was about 10 in a row yesterday arvo by the same female officer, she must of been walking through a shopping centre car park or something as she was on portable.
Identical in signal strength to me as 468.175 Mhz of +30Db.

Maybe Ch14 was getting too congested, Geraldton and Albany use more than one channel to cover the town.

Can anyone hear or have ever heard traffic on the frequencies used locally in Donnybrook on 468.000Mhz and 469.325 Mhz as listed on ACMA and can they be heard outside Donnybrook - say in Bunbury ?

I get 468.300 Mhz at Newlands very well here in Bunbury as the repeater site is much higher but it does'nt carry any local traffic, they must only switch to that channel when they go out of the townsite, same for bridgetown.