Speed Camera's

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

yorky

Re: Speed Camera's

Post by yorky »

Yes he was talking mostly about the fixed cameras. They don't appear to have any filter like the old red light only cameras, they just flashy flash.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
yorky

Post by yorky »

It is a problem to vehicles travelling the *other* way.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

so the new IR cameras the raplaced the multinova cameras do not flash then?
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

i believe they do. i've seen them setup with a flash unit. also the ones in the back of the vans have flashes.

the state government has also announced that the old multanova's are no longer in operation anywhere in the state. the system is now 'fully digital'
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

yorky wrote:Yes he was talking mostly about the fixed cameras. They don't appear to have any filter like the old red light only cameras, they just flashy flash.
If its a fixed camera, there are two flashes, one first and the second one in six seconds.
I've closed the door!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:
yorky wrote:Yes he was talking mostly about the fixed cameras. They don't appear to have any filter like the old red light only cameras, they just flashy flash.
If its a fixed camera, there are two flashes, one first and the second one in six seconds.

Thats what I said isnt it?
AO11912 wrote:I saw one of the fixed ones go off at Reid High way at night..

I thought they were supposed to have filters in the flash, all I remember seeing is two bright white flashes one after the other, getting the car going the opposite direction to me, while the camera is trying to target the rear of the car thats is speeding through the intersection, the flash is facing toward the oncoming traffic.

Somewhat a concern for the oncoming traffic, those flashes were not dull, and somewhat dazzled me as I was pulling up at the lights, a safety issue and has the potential to cause a accident.
But thats not what im talking about, its the fact that the Flash is not filtered in any way, so when a speeding driver goes one way, and another person, like my self is passing through the intersection at the same time in the other direction at night, the driver of the vehicle cops Two bright white flashes, causing your vision to blur, the speed limit along there is 70KM/H, this has the potential to dazzle a drive, that may not even be breaking the law in the first place, and has the potential to cause an accident, not prevent one.

Im on the verge of writing into WAPOL and voicing my concerns, something needs to be done before some one crashes due to not being able to see, because their "safety device" does not contain a filtered flash to protect drivers eyes.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Oh please... I hate speed cameras as much as anyone but seriously? You wouldn't like how i drive around 50% of the time with my high beams on then...
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

The newer in-car speed camera vans have been at Mitchell Fwy northbound near Vincent St at least twice this week. Flashing like a disco light getting the morning speeders in the 60km/h workzone. I was flashed both times this week due to people speeding in the lanes adjacent to me.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

I would hope that there are a lot of not guilty pleas as a result of it being set up there!!!
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Saw a camera mounted in the back of an xtrail yesterday - I knew the kombi ones were out there. What other vehicles do they use?
yorky

Post by yorky »

LighteningCrashes wrote:Saw a camera mounted in the back of an xtrail yesterday - I knew the kombi ones were out there. What other vehicles do they use?
Pointing out the rear window, or with the boot open?
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Out the rear window
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

The thing is, they stick out like a sore thumb and a bleeding obvious to why they are there. Your the muppet buying a ticket to the policemans ball when you speed.
I've closed the door!
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

i know ay i could see him from about 500m away maybe more i laughed the whole way pasted him
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS