Byte -The Final Word

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Byte -The Final Word

Post by CHEV4EVR »

I do not wish to prolong the discussion about the posts by Byte, however I think it is important that the following message is conveyed.

What I want to add to my first post is that if Byte has an issue with the way he says he was arrested then he should direct this through proper channels.

Do not use a public forum, both this forum and others to air your "allegations" about the way you say you were treated if you are not prepared to back them up. Obviously a public forum is exactly that, public and it is your right to have your view.

You are more than welcome to complain about the way you say you were treated. I will even include the link:

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/AboutUs/Sup ... intProcess.

I don't think anymore needs to be said about this
byte

Post by byte »

Mate you and I both know exactly how far this would go if I were to go through the proper avenues.

In fact, it is more effective on these forums and the PerthStreetBikes forums. Over 5000 people read that post and of the 230-odd that replied, none were surprised by the way the Police treated me, myself included.

I can understand he still didn't know who he was dealing with under the helmet, I could have been any kind of crazed criminal with a long history of violent crimes..

Furthermore, the bike wasn't stolen, and I had nothing on me. It was a joyride. I'm not going to take it any further as it would be a waste of my time. Had there been a witness or a security camera on the adjacent building walls, it would be a different story.
Why stop?
hitman

Post by hitman »

I have read both threads now trying to keep a neutral stance.

Everybody makes mistakes, some are justified, some aren't. At the end of the day we have to keep in mind Byte that you fucked up. You broke the law, and it was quite a serious offence.

Running from the Police in my opinion should carry a mandatory penalty. You endagered your own life, members of the public and the officers on the job as well. I am not going to insult you or abuse you like others (although you probably deserve most of it) but I hope you realise that you need a swift kick in the ass, and the treatment you got when you were apprehended whether it be harsh or not doesn't change the fact that you should've stopped when you were engaged by the Police.

On a lighter note I don't quite think the effect you were hoping for with your posts is working. When people from the other forums you posted this same story on come across and also abuse you, and tell you what a dickhead you were, you need to realise that something isn't quite right. I think your best path from here is to remove the posts and just move on.

Peace.

Edit: Also, as an 18 year old rider who was riding with a suspended licence, I am sorry but I have to do it, just once. You truly are a royal dickhead. Cheers.
vk3xem

Post by vk3xem »

Hey byte, after you have been dealt with in WA I would like to invite you over here to Victoria and see what it is like in the real world.

The cops won't play games with you over here. You are probably unemployed so you will get a free ride in an ambulance before you are sent to the remand prison, once there you will be entertainment for the other prisoners after the cell doors are locked at night.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

I think there's been more than enough discussion on this topic for now. Everything's been said that needs to be said.

Since there's nothing more to be gained and the fact that it no longer relates to the hobby of scanner listening, this thread is being locked.

Regards,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.