Poor juliet charlie 102

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Poor juliet charlie 102

Post by hold3n »

I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
gkoutlis

Re: Poor juliet charlie 102

Post by gkoutlis »

It's actually VC-102

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

gkoutlis wrote:
It's actually VC-102 :wink:

G
my mistake :oops:
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Last edited by kilmo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Same ? I thought one officer would talk to 1 POI and the other would talk to the other Offender but if im wrong there wouldnt the officers lock there vehicle as it Central locking ?
yorky

Post by yorky »

From the times I've seen Police, the vehicle is just left running in the background. Bit hard to lock it with the keyfob sitting in the ignition...

Only a matter of time for someone to hop in and drive away. Although you'd have to be an absolute numpty since they all have AVL GPS's...
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

kilmo wrote:I'm very interested as to how he got into the car in the first place to steal it......
Opened the door probably :wink:

Lets not hang the blokes before the full story is known. Kilmo, no doubt after the dust has settled it will be used as an example in your upcoming training. Recommendations will force you to wear jumper cables on your rig and ask the POI to use them to restart your vehicle after the battery has died, or carry 3 sets of keys per vehicle to lock the door when it's running at the stop.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
yorky

Post by yorky »

And the problem would be more widespread than just police, anybody with several hundred Watts of power draining at an incident through light bars and equipment won't see a battery lasting too long...

A lot of vehicles also have the handy feature of not being able to be locked with the keys in the ignition to prevent you from locking yourself out. So a second set might not even work in some cases, and even then the vehicle is still running, just find a way in and drive off.

One to add to the list: Carry a generator around on a trailer to power the car! :lol:
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

yorky wrote:From the times I've seen Police, the vehicle is just left running in the background. Bit hard to lock it with the keyfob sitting in the ignition...

Only a matter of time for someone to hop in and drive away. Although you'd have to be an absolute numpty since they all have AVL GPS's...
So can they now charge the offendant with the original offense, stealing a car AND being an absolute numpty :) I don't think someone who thought stealing a police car to make a getaway from a traffic offense scores particularly high on the cleverness meter....and I love the genny idea :)
yorky

Post by yorky »

Well I'd expect stealing a motor vehicle to be high up on the list of charges surely!
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

I think youll find anyone who uses excess electrical equipment in their vehicle, wether it be
towies
RAC
traffic controllers
Fire fighters
ambulance drivers/paramedics
Police
rangers/council workers.

they all leave the motor running, infact firies are told to leave the keys in the ignition incase the vehicle has to be moved by someone in an emergency.

and yes (almost) all Wapol vehicles have AVL, but that doesnt stop cars being stolen, just makes it easier to find the wreckage.

when you have Radios, Lightbar (and sometimes alley/takedown lights), Tadis as well as the factory electrics, a STANDARD battery wont last 5 mins, Litterally.
Obviously since they are cops they will cop a bashing over this, but in reallity it could, and does happen to all sorts of people.

I can remember seeing numerous emergency vehicles with flat batterys due to leaving red/blue lights on without the motor running.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Walks wrote:Lets not hang the blokes before the full story is known.
Hear hear! =D>
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Last edited by kilmo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

kilmo wrote:Please don't think I'm trying to hang the guys.....more trying to learn from mistakes.....And again, I'm not saying they were at fault. In my experience, you learn from those around you, and in an enviroment like WAPol, you need to be constantly learning.

I hope the officers involved don't get ear bashed too much for their error, we are all human and we are all prone to making mistakes and having lapses in judgement, thats what makes us human.

- Kilmo
i would have to agree
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

That would be a stuffed day in the office....I would hate to have to jump on the radio and annouce that my Police car has been stolen, regardless of the circumstances.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra