Poor juliet charlie 102

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

colin
150+ posts
150+ posts
Amateur callsign: VK6FITN
Scanners and Receivers: RTL2832U with RTL_Airband
Tait 8200

Re: Poor juliet charlie 102

Post by colin »

I would have thought police cars would have been one of the first cars to have remote shutdown / ignition isolation system install - exactly for this reason.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

colin wrote:I would have thought police cars would have been one of the first cars to have remote shutdown / ignition isolation system install - exactly for this reason.
In uk they have a system that their car can still run without the keys but it stalls if someone presses the accelerator untill the proper leys are inserted in the ignition
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Heard one of the YO country cars saying he couldnt turn his car of cause it had to be jump started twice yesterday.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

hold_3_n wrote:
colin wrote:I would have thought police cars would have been one of the first cars to have remote shutdown / ignition isolation system install - exactly for this reason.
In uk they have a system that their car can still run without the keys but it stalls if someone presses the accelerator untill the proper leys are inserted in the ignition
How! I didn't know this - is there something that documents this?
I've closed the door!
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

written_ficton wrote:
hold_3_n wrote:
How! I didn't know this - is there something that documents this?
Thats the RUNLOCK SYSTEM

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Thank you, this is something we need as well.
I've closed the door!
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

Now you mention it, Iv heard of a few turbo-timers that have this feture, wired to the handbreak the engine can run for a timed or untimed period and if the handbreak is taken off (without the keys in the ignition) the engine turns off.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

turbo timers make the engine run for a period of time from 0 mins to 3 mins or more all the do is let the engine run for a x period time to cool the turbo they r not a fail safe for what u think they are for the device that they r taking about is completely differant
if the keys a in the egnition and some one steals it they have a remote to shut it down ...

kyeboi

VBFB
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

kyeboi wrote:turbo timers make the engine run for a period of time from 0 mins to 3 mins or more all the do is let the engine run for a x period time to cool the turbo they r not a fail safe for what u think they are for the device that they r taking about is completely differant
if the keys a in the egnition and some one steals it they have a remote to shut it down ...

kyeboi

VBFB
as quoted from http://www.emergencyequipmentshop.co.uk ... p-278.html
The "Run Lock" unit enables a driver to remove the keys from the ignition of a vehicle while the engine continues to run. This enables adequate power, without battery drain, to be supplied to Blues and other scene lights at a major incident. The vehicle can then be driven off after re-inserting the keys, if the keys are not re-inserted the engine will cut out on removal of the parking brake or activation of the footbrake.

it doesnt say it had a remote. just stalls when handbrake is released or other brake.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

yes that all good but a turbo timer is differant for what this topic is about ..
the remote thing came in coz the other day i was watching and american police show and the have remote cut off installed in there cars and verious other cars as well.
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

kyeboi wrote:yes that all good but a turbo timer is differant for what this topic is about ..
the remote thing came in coz the other day i was watching and american police show and the have remote cut off installed in there cars and verious other cars as well.
my mistake :oops: