Priority 2 or Priority 1 To a Incident

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

HL 101

Priority 2 or Priority 1 To a Incident

Post by HL 101 »

When Police go Priority 2 or P1 To a Incident occurring How many other Vehicles back the Original car up or does it depend on the Nature of the Call and how POI may be at the scean and if there any Weapons (Etc. Knife Bat Gun)
Last edited by HL 101 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Re: Priority 2 or Priority 1 To a Incident

Post by gkoutlis »

HL 101 wrote:When Police go Priority 2 or P1 To a Incident occurring How many other Vehicles back the Original car up or does it depend on the Nature of the Call and how POI may be at the secean and if there any Weapons (Etc. Knife Bat Gun)
P2's backup is dependant on the nature of the emergency. You could have a 215, which I beleive is the code they use for a serious crash - so they'd get at least two cars heading that way.

P1's are pursuits - which I am sure you already know - again dependant on who they are chasing - usually a couple of unmarked cars and a couple of marked up cars. Can't really give a "total" - each situation is different. I am sure our fellow WAPOL members can correct me if I am wrong 8)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Back in the good 'ol days it was just whoever was available. If more than a couple of vehicles were going Priority 2 UDD not many more would be sent as its overkill. However if it was a brawl with 50 people then anyone available would go P2.

P1 was only used for around three incident codes, one of which was armed hold up in progress, it was rarely used as by the time the hold up is reported its already over and they would be looking for the offender.

Priority Pursuit was for pursuits however only PP trained drivers could be authorised for that, in the appropriate class vehicle.

Sending marked/unmarked vehicles didn't matter. As far as I know VKI didn't/doesn't even know what call sign is marked or unmarked (unless of course they are seasoned veterans that may know).

However things may have changed over the years as most of us haven't listened and learned from Police for years.

Bottom line is it just depends on the job, and who is available.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:
HL 101 wrote:When Police go Priority 2 or P1 To a Incident occurring How many other Vehicles back the Original car up or does it depend on the Nature of the Call and how POI may be at the secean and if there any Weapons (Etc. Knife Bat Gun)
P2's backup is dependant on the nature of the emergency. You could have a 215, which I beleive is the code they use for a serious crash - so they'd get at least two cars heading that way.

P1's are pursuits - which I am sure you already know - again dependant on who they are chasing - usually a couple of unmarked cars and a couple of marked up cars. Can't really give a "total" - each situation is different. I am sure our fellow WAPOL members can correct me if I am wrong 8)

G
Or in my case with a serious crash got no less than five vehicles responded.
I've closed the door!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

WF... Where was your crash?
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

When the Vehicle rolled over there were three vehicles.

When I was a witness to a Bus vs Car, 5 Vehicles turned up. Unmarked, 2 x Rail Units and Two JC vehicles.

I guess it goes by how serious the accident is and what units are in the immediate area?
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:When the Vehicle rolled over there were three vehicles.

When I was a witness to a Bus vs Car, 5 Vehicles turned up. Unmarked, 2 x Rail Units and Two JC vehicles.

I guess it goes by how serious the accident is and what units are in the immediate area?

WF, Singkenten's question was - "Where" - You've not stated the location(s) lol :lol:

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

sorry both in Cannington. My mistake
I've closed the door!
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

whats the differance between P1 and P2 ?

i know P2 is serious and P1 is really really serious but what do you get to do during P1 that you cant do P2?

kyeboi
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

kyeboi wrote:whats the differance between P1 and P2 ?

i know P2 is serious and P1 is really really serious but what do you get to do during P1 that you cant do P2?

kyeboi
If you do a bit of searching in the above thread you'll find your answer.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member