Kenwick Train Station

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

eswife

Kenwick Train Station

Post by eswife »

Does anyone know what is happening at Kenwick Train station?? There is a train across the intersection and lots of vehicles off at scene, also news crews and helicopters in the air......
gkoutlis

Re: Kenwick Train Station

Post by gkoutlis »

eswife wrote:Does anyone know what is happening at Kenwick Train station?? There is a train across the intersection and lots of vehicles off at scene, also news crews and helicopters in the air......
There has been an "incident" on the Armadale line (at the Kenwick Station). http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Service ... fault.aspx

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

My guess would be possible Code 7/8.....That is the usual MO for what you're describing....

- Kilmo
Last edited by kilmo on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Due to the sensitivity of the incident - it's best not to publish the outcome - I am sure you know what I am implying...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

gkoutlis wrote:There has been an "incident" on the Armadale line (at the Kenwick Station). http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Service ... fault.aspx
Ah - I was in Maddington at about 11am and could hear a helicopter overhead doing laps - wondered what it was all about...
gkoutlis wrote:Due to the sensitivity of the incident - it's best not to publish the outcome - I am sure you know what I am implying...
Personally I don't really mind if the nature of the incident is discussed, providing nobody is rude or disrespectful about it. After all, it's not much of a discussion forum, without discussion ;)

I'm assuming that someone has been hit by a train, whether by accident, or otherwise...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks Zeb 8)

FYI just found this on thewest.com.au - http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/br ... -by-train/

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Dammit that was quick - I just came back to post the exact same link!

If The West have the story right (since details can be somewhat sketchy not long after something happens), it sounds pretty tragic for the guy involved, not to mention the train driver, witnesses, and so on.

It is very dark.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

its not been a great month for train drivers. atleast this one was a accident....
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Well if Mods allow I'm happy to enlighten everyone as to the circumstances surrounding the incident.

- Kilmo
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

kilmo wrote:Well if Mods allow I'm happy to enlighten everyone as to the circumstances surrounding the incident.

- Kilmo
I think the link sums it up
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Not all the facts, but yes sums it up.....

- Kilmo
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

kilmo wrote:Well if Mods allow I'm happy to enlighten everyone as to the circumstances surrounding the incident.

- Kilmo
I have no problem with the details of incidents like this - as far as I'm concerned, the better understanding there is overall, the better off we all are.

It is very dark.
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

Are you guys serious! The sensitivity of the incident? This is a discussion forum on the internet. Sensitivity should not even be of consideration assuming you are factual and not slandering.