Strange Transmissions on 468.275, 468.675

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Strange Transmissions on 468.275, 468.675

Post by westernwedgey »

Someone is making strange transmissions on the central channels in the last few minutes.

swearing, funny stories, death metal quotes, microwave recipes,etc

VKI are ignoring it but some CD cars are chatting on 26 about it
orac68

Post by orac68 »

Its WAY to easy for nuts to get hold of 2-way radio equipment and program it them selves now :( I know there was a dickhead that got on a channel one night and yelled "Shots fired police down urgent assistance required..." About 5 cars went P1 to get there ENDANGERING innocent people just for a bit of fun.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

orac68 wrote:Its WAY to easy for nuts to get hold of 2-way radio equipment and program it them selves now :( I know there was a dickhead that got on a channel one night and yelled "Shots fired police down urgent assistance required..." About 5 cars went P1 to get there ENDANGERING innocent people just for a bit of fun.
I guess thats why digital will be better for the police so no one can hack into there network.
Bonez

Re: Strange Transmissions on 468.275, 468.675

Post by Bonez »

westernwedgey wrote: swearing, funny stories, death metal quotes, microwave recipes,etc
LOL at least they had themselves somewhat prepared, instead of just getting on there and making snorting noises, and saying "Here, piggy piggy".

Still, it's not a laughing matter no matter what happened, because it can both tie up police resources as well as put others lives at risk.
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

i remember being at work one night and i threw three drunk idiots out and they were at the entrance shouting here piggy piggy to me and two sergents walked up behind them and said i think we should go for a walk :D