POLICE UNENCRYPTED

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

richard omeara

POLICE UNENCRYPTED

Post by richard omeara »

WAPOL has a frequancy up tonight that is digital unencrypted.If you have a digital scanner log in to 469.400 to have a listern.If you dont have a digital scanner i dont think u will get any thing SORRY.I think this is a new years eve freq only.
VK6ZUK

Re: POLICE UNENCRYPTED

Post by VK6ZUK »

Yes indeed i can confirm its unencrypted. For those of us lucky to have a P25 scanner its coming in loud and clear!!

It nicely shows up the call signs and call group on the display of the scanner. 703 is the prefix and then the callsign, have seen quite a few, 119, 863, 893. They dont give the letters like VP, QU etc

What an exciting life i lead, sitting at home on new years eve listening to the scanner.

Edit: Main callsigns i saw were as follows:
703 863 - Command
703 119 - GC119
703 118 - GC118
703 861 - GC861
703 400 - 400 (no letters)
703 401 - 401 (no letters)

They were just a temporary command post setup watching cameras in town and responding.

Nothing really interesting but it was nice and clear, bit like listening to DSTAR!!
Last edited by VK6ZUK on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Danny - VK6ZUK (previously VK6FZUK)

Need comms or HAM gear? Give me a call!
Instra Industries Pty Ltd
Ph: 0414 553 244
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Now its gone.HAPPY NEW YEAR.What scanner you using VK6ZUK ?.I was only geting the P-25 sign.No numbers or call sighns.Just so i can get ready for next year.
VK6ZUK

Post by VK6ZUK »

Hi Richard, I am using an ICOM IC-PCR2500 scanner with the P25 board and DTMF board.

Running an IC-R2500 display unit, like a radio head unit. The IC-PCR2500 is usually just a pc based scanner but with the display is runs like a normal scanner.

Works well.

At the moment i am using just a temporary mag based antenna but i have a discone that i will get around to putting up on the weekend seeing i have just moved into a new house :)
Regards

Danny - VK6ZUK (previously VK6FZUK)

Need comms or HAM gear? Give me a call!
Instra Industries Pty Ltd
Ph: 0414 553 244
merlo

Post by merlo »

Below is a list of unencrypted WAPOL frequencies I found last night (New Year's Eve) and thought I would share this so that some may be prepared for the next New Year's Eve in Perth.
I live in South Perth, 2nd floor of an apartment complex tucked away "hidden" to the CBD's "line of sight" by larger apartment complexes. My scanner is a Uniden UBCD936T Digital Handheld Scanner with the stock standard antenna attached (no outside antenna!)

469.4000 MHz (POLICE)
---------------------
Appeared to be a CBD based command centre with the "Command" being digital unencrypted (P25) and the foot patrols a mixture of unencrypted and encrypted.
Was interesting listening in. Usual people checks in Murray Street Mall and around the train station.

465.2500 MHz (POLICE)
---------------------
This was "Northbridge Command" with the Command centre being digital unencrypted (loud and clear) with the foot patrols & bicycle patrols a mixture of digital unencrypted and digital encrypted. Also heard the arrest vans on this channel unencrypted.
Very interesting listening indeed. Very busy channel!! Many incidents including "a female on the ground with a male on top" performing indecent acts in public. Was caught on police video and caused a lot of chatter on the frequency, as one can imagine! By listening in, it appeared that "Northbridge Command" had video coverage of allot of areas!

466.1500 MHz (POLICE)
----------------------
Not sure which area this covered (more people and party noise in background), but the Command centre was digital unencrypted and came in loud and clear! Patrols were a mixture of digital unencrypted and encrypted, however, quite a few patrols came in unencrypted, booming in loud and clear asking for personel checks etc. Was amazed at the clarity of the audio on this channel by some patrols.

It was interesting listening in to police patrols again. Sounds crazy, listening to my scanner on NYE, but even my partner asked me to keep the scanner on - she was "hooked"!!!!
Happy New Year to all.
VK6DF

Post by VK6DF »

VK6ZUK wrote:Yes indeed i can confirm its unencrypted. For those of us lucky to have a P25 scanner its coming in loud and clear!!

I
Edit: Main callsigns i saw were as follows:
703 863 - Command
703 119 - GC119
703 118 - GC118
703 861 - GC861
703 400 - 400 (no letters)
703 401 - 401 (no letters)
For Future Reference,
There ID's for the Radio's are as follow
First # Letter 2nd # Letter
1 A 01 A
2 B 02 B
3 C 03 C
4 D 04 D
5 E 05 E
6 F 06 F
7 G 07 G
8 H 08 H
9 I 09 I
10 J 10 J
11 K 11 K
12 L 12 L
etc etc etc etc

So if you were getting the number 703 400 on the screen then the vehicle ID is GC 400. make sense?
Had it displayed say 1011 400 it would be Vehicle JK 400.

All there ID's are this lay out. may make it easier for you guys to identify what and who is out there. im sure you all would know the area ID codes.. JC cannington area GC CBD area...
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

VK6 NDT wrote:im sure you all would know the area ID codes.. JC cannington area GC CBD area...
I've gotten a bit rusty over the past year 8)
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
d0t-bat

Post by d0t-bat »

To be sure, this is non trunked right? as in if you put in all the current police frequencies that are on the new digital (yes i know you cant listen normally) if they went unencrypted again it still wouldnt pick up right? or am i completely confused?
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Thats right its not a trunking system.When i picked a frequancy it stayed on that frequancy.If you put all the WAPOL frequancys in from the ACMA web you would only pick something up if it went unencrypted and your scanner could pick up P-25 digital.They frequancy i was listerning to was the old frequancy 469.400.If you look at the ACMA web you will see how many they have.Itsa lot.So yes if it went unencrypted you would be able to listern with a digital scanner.
Sky show may be another time to have try.They may put up some unencrypted frequancys.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Just heard police on 469.400 p-25.Not sure if there setting up for tonight Skyshow
More info and freq in special events section.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Just heard some coms on 469.400 p-25.Good chance police will be seting up a freq for Redbull air race.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Interesting to see if any P-25 unencrypted go up for newyears eve.
merlo

Post by merlo »

Hi Richard.

Have both my UBCD996T and UBCD396T scanning away at the moment this Friday morning. Am interested to see if the same P25 unencrypted channels as last year will be used again this year.

I'll report back later when I start hearing transmissions....
[-o<
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Most of the frequancys from last years skyshow are up but encrypted.But one seems to be P-25 (465.575).
Fitzyyy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden Bearcat ubcd396xt

Post by Fitzyyy »

Anyone found any anolouge channels for those of us without digital (P-25) equipment?