New Speed Camera - BEWARE!

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

New Speed Camera - BEWARE!

Post by ConstableCare »

Hi All,

A new speed camera was being trialled today in East Perth at Infringements HQ - namely Plain Street.

The camera takes photo's from both the rear and front - no good slamming the brakes on as you see it from the front window as more than likely you have already been caught from the rear! Both units are separated by a cable approx. 50 m in length and the rear camera has it's own flash built it...

Beware, 1 unit is operational in a Nissan X-Trail already with possibly more to follow if this is successful... Unit is "cammo" green also...

May upload some pics later....

CC 8)
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: New Speed Camera - BEWARE!

Post by donks »

thanks for the heads up CC!. Its good to see that they are starting to use different types of cameras to catch people doing the wrong thing!. would this be the camera that i saw on albany highway that looks like a bin?
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

About time. Maybe they can book some of the idiotic bike riders that flout the law. Multinova is a great tax. Completely voluntary. But real police should be on the highways and country roads as deterents.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

donks wrote:would this be the camera that i saw on albany highway that looks like a bin?
No, as it has two different "modules" - a rear and front module as opposed to just one module alone...

CC 8)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

not to mention some new locations! Saw a camera look down Clayton street right on the corner of Military road, catching all the people who have come off Roe Hwy travelling 100K's and can't do the 60k's...good location for it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

Was on Ch 7 tonight as an "exclusive"... 30 of them on order to replace the 27 Multanova camera's...

CC 8)
ConstableCare wrote:Hi All,

A new speed camera was being trialled today in East Perth at Infringements HQ - namely Plain Street.

The camera takes photo's from both the rear and front - no good slamming the brakes on as you see it from the front window as more than likely you have already been caught from the rear! Both units are separated by a cable approx. 50 m in length and the rear camera has it's own flash built it...

Beware, 1 unit is operational in a Nissan X-Trail already with possibly more to follow if this is successful... Unit is "cammo" green also...

May upload some pics later....

CC 8)
VK6ZUK

Post by VK6ZUK »

Well beware for sure, spotted these little beauties on Leach Highway. Apologies about the quality but will try and get a better image later in the week.

It has been confirmed that they are fixed speed cameras.

At the moment i have seen them at the following intersections:
Carrington and High St
Stock Rd and Leach Hwy
North Lakes Rd and Leach Highway.

They are all pointing towards west bound Traffic.

They look like they are pressure sensor units as the road has been worked on near them and the radar detector didnt go off.

Well we have been warned!!
Regards

Danny - VK6ZUK (previously VK6FZUK)

Need comms or HAM gear? Give me a call!
Instra Industries Pty Ltd
Ph: 0414 553 244
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

They may also be video camera's Danny and tracking the length of time it takes to go between 2 points.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
VK6ZUK

Post by VK6ZUK »

Tyranus wrote:They may also be video camera's Danny and tracking the length of time it takes to go between 2 points.
Yes good point, you can see in the road where something else has been installed.

All i know is they definitely are Speed Cameras.

Will make a few calls tomorrow and see what i can find out as it will be interesting. Might pull up next to it and take the ladder off the rood and have a look inside :)
Regards

Danny - VK6ZUK (previously VK6FZUK)

Need comms or HAM gear? Give me a call!
Instra Industries Pty Ltd
Ph: 0414 553 244
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

They'll also get rear shots of cars and motorbikes with the direction they're facing.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

I wish they'd install one in the 80km/h interchange on the freeway between Graham Farmer Freeway and Vincent street, I have to get across three lanes every morning to exit at Powis Street, I stick to the speed limit, but I reckon 80% of the vehicles would be doing 100 plus, makes it very hard when you're trying to do the right thing.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Magnus wrote:I wish they'd install one in the 80km/h interchange on the freeway between Graham Farmer Freeway and Vincent street, I have to get across three lanes every morning to exit at Powis Street, I stick to the speed limit, but I reckon 80% of the vehicles would be doing 100 plus, makes it very hard when you're trying to do the right thing.
A mate was saying he's seen a camera parked up in that section a couple of times not sure if they were recent, probably start finding camera's in the tunnel and that section fairly soon though...I wish they'd put camera's out for those going toooooo slowly!
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

ConstableCare wrote:Was on Ch 7 tonight as an "exclusive"... 30 of them on order to replace the 27 Multanova camera's...

CC 8)
This is what was mentioned on the news tonight.

http://www.policespeedcameras.info/vitronic.html

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Can anyone tell me what the vehicles were that I saw at the big roundabout as you enter Bunbury yesterday? They looked like these cameras but they were not fixed.
They were mounted on a tall mast on the back of a Toyota Landcruiser with "Main roads contractor" written all down the side. There was two of them, one as you turn left to head towards Busso and one as you turn right to head into the city along Koombana drive.

The only thing I can think of is that they are those cameras that take a snap of your numberplate and run it up to look for unregistered vehicles. Possibly trialling them to catch out the large volume of traffic heading down to schoolies week.

I didn't get any pictures, sorry. But they were main roads contractor vehicles, so I'm unsure what they were doing there.
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

I believe they are monitoring traffic flow during peak periods. (schoolies/toolies) I have seen this vehicle a bit lately in different spots between Busselton and Perth (usually at roundabouts)