New Speed Camera - BEWARE!

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Re: New Speed Camera - BEWARE!

Post by slipknot »

Apparently these new guns have pulsating systems with secured agorithums or something and Yer as you said can block it. I watched a few demonstrations with how it works but would the police be suspiciouse as to why they cant obtain a reading? surely they would think oh this guy must have a jamming device, lets pull him over anyway.

Heh hehehe, I guess if your going to have a laser jammer you might as well have something that will send out blast wave that will make the laser gun blowup in thier hands hehe, legality wise, If they are that illegal and going to give you such a huge sentance.

I guess Multinovers are a bit less confronting if you have to meet face to face with an officer if youve just been caught speeding if he has pulled you over with his clocking gun.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

robbage wrote:I use one of these and it's perfectly legal and safe. One came with my car.
Yeah I've found that to be quite effective for me too!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

singkenten wrote:my guess is that your either a traffic nazi
That's a tad harsh don't you think? It's all about Road Safety!
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

slipknot wrote:...would the police be suspiciouse as to why they cant obtain a reading? surely they would think oh this guy must have a jamming device, lets pull him over anyway...
Exactly, a traffic stop would be carried out and the car would be searched. If nothing was found it would be subject to amore intensive search elsewhere... Anyway, once the new model LIDAR comes in then we won't have to worry about Jammers :D

CC 8)
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

ConstableCare wrote:
slipknot wrote:...would the police be suspiciouse as to why they cant obtain a reading? surely they would think oh this guy must have a jamming device, lets pull him over anyway...
Exactly, a traffic stop would be carried out and the car would be searched. If nothing was found it would be subject to amore intensive search elsewhere... Anyway, once the new model LIDAR comes in then we won't have to worry about Jammers :D

CC 8)
I guess if you manage to blow up thier handheld radar you could then blow a novelty horn at them when your drive past....
then again Ive heard they are illegal as well. :lol:
Last edited by slipknot on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

Tyranus wrote:
robbage wrote:I use one of these and it's perfectly legal and safe. One came with my car.
Yeah I've found that to be quite effective for me too!
LOL
k1st3

Post by k1st3 »

hi all, just wondering whether u guys know the speed limit in plain st, perth??
i think i got a snap from the speed camz..*damn* erghhhhhhh >_<
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

50km/h zone...
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

Can existing Radar-laser detectors in cars detect these new cameras? Ive heard that they use laser instead of Radar.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Well yes any Radar AND Laser detector will detect it, but (if) these "new" cameras are laser then chances are by the time your detector alerts you its already too late.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

yorky wrote:Well yes any Radar AND Laser detector will detect it, but (if) these "new" cameras are laser then chances are by the time your detector alerts you its already too late.
hmmmmmm Nasty ay :shock:

What makes me so upset about this is that there are lot of motorists out there that who dont mean to speed but sometimes might accidently go about 5kms over the limit and get flashed. Inreagrds to what Nick Mentioned about motorbikes Blasting past in top gear, these are the idiots who should be targeted. Personaly I think that motorists have more important things to keep thier eyes on and look out for hazards then having to keep "exactly"on the limit. I mean the other day, Im not sure weather this particular "operator" was operating properly, I was traveling about 2 kms over the limit and I belived it flashed me. However there was a car infront of me who floored it and just after he flew past the camera it flashed and I'm starting to question it. I mean it could be the fact that my Speedo needs calorbration but chances are if it is not correct, my speedo is reading much faster then what I am traveling.

Ive heard of things over in victora where thousands of inocent motorists were slammed with these tickets. And now with this new news that camera operations will now be privatised in WA that theres concerns about the fact that companies are going to grab hold of sensitive information of drivers , you know, address phone ect. And that these companies are going to tamper the cameras or something to issue false fines. I mean let's face it, nobody can proove the speed camera operators wrong, and all that means is $$$.

Well.............theres always Ghost plates..... but thier HIGHLY ILLEGAL........................ heh... :lol: but they work...............but thier HIGHLY ILLEGAL.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Where does it say that it will be privatised?

And as far as I'm concerned the speed LIMIT is just that, a limit. You are not obliged to sit exactly on it at all times.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

yorky wrote:Where does it say that it will be privatised?

And as far as I'm concerned the speed LIMIT is just that, a limit. You are not obliged to sit exactly on it at all times.
................................................that is actuly a really Good point yorky :lol: :? Then again, the minute you don't sit right in between the limit, all the idiot drivers (90% of everyone behind you) want to go the fastest they can, so they all start overtaking you. Then again I dont want a fine so, I don't care anymore about anyone elses opinions of how fast I should be going for thier benifet, cars shouldnt be taken for granted, If anyone else wants to fly past in a hurry go ahead, It's you're reponsibility.

In regards to the Privetisation there Yokry, I saw it in an article, but I coulnt find it again, Might have also had it mistken for another state. :wink:
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

slipknot wrote: And now with this new news that camera operations will now be privatised in WA that theres concerns about the fact that companies are going to grab hold of sensitive information of drivers , you know, address phone ect. And that these companies are going to tamper the cameras or something to issue false fines. I mean let's face it, nobody can proove the speed camera operators wrong, and all that means is $$$.

Well.............theres always Ghost plates..... but thier HIGHLY ILLEGAL........................ heh... :lol: but they work...............but thier HIGHLY ILLEGAL.
I doubt they would have access to details, they would be camera operators - take the photo and hand it over to police who would issue the fines.
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

LighteningCrashes wrote:
slipknot wrote: And now with this new news that camera operations will now be privatised in WA that theres concerns about the fact that companies are going to grab hold of sensitive information of drivers , you know, address phone ect. And that these companies are going to tamper the cameras or something to issue false fines. I mean let's face it, nobody can proove the speed camera operators wrong, and all that means is $$$.

I doubt they would have access to details, they would be camera operators - take the photo and hand it over to police who would issue the fines.

True, from memory it mentioned that there would have to be super gaurds in place.