Car vs Steel Barrier South Perth on Monday arvo

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Car vs Steel Barrier South Perth on Monday arvo

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys, Stopped and helped a 'P' Plater who managed to lose control of his Ford Falcon in South Perth - Crn Mill Point Rd and Way Rd leading to Canning Hwy - 5:30pm on Monday arvo.

No one was hurt, just rendered minor First Aid to the driver. Car was on a 45 degree angle with the steel barrier digging in to the engine bay of the car and a Powerpole blocking the drivers door.

Called WAPOL to assist as car was in dangerous position to road - call taker told me 10 mins - then AG-205 - Marked VZ Traffic Car came from Canning Hwy - and helped out with taking a statement from the driver. The other officer re-directed traffic from Canning Hwy away from Way Rd and i was asked to position my car to stop cars coming down hill from canning hwy to turn left into Way Rd too. Towies arrived - they had no other option but to drag the car from the barrier causing maximum damage to the underneath of the car. We all rapped up and re-opened that section just after 6:30pm.

No other cars came to help Peak hour traffic - a Unmarked VZ Commodore did actually happen to be in the area and helped the other officer block the lane heading toward the TA.

Job well done by AG-205 and the towies. :)