Polair 61 / 62 Observations

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

richard omeara

Polair 61 / 62 Observations

Post by richard omeara »

Just seen polair hovering around Tuarthill/Balcatta area for the last 20 minutes.Strange thing was absolutly no lights at all.Not even the small flashing ones.But could see it with the clouds behind it.Anyone know whats happening and why?Ended up being around about 30min.
    Last edited by richard omeara on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Always RX

Re: Polair 61 siteing

Post by Always RX »

Not a sighting I know, just a point of interest ..and a few days late. On Saturday night I heard Polair 61 call 6AR on the radio to direct firies to a deliberately lit fire in bush near some community centre (didn't catch the suburb). I thought it was good to hear the services sharing resources like that.
    Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

richard omeara wrote:Just seen polair hovering around Tuarthill/Balcatta area for the last 20 minutes.Strange thing was absolutly no lights at all.Not even the small flashing ones.But could see it with the clouds behind it.Anyone know whats happening and why?Ended up being around about 30min.
    he would have had to have his lights on... legal requirement.

as for why he was there.... not a clue
    Nathan Fenn
    WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
    gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nafenn wrote:
    richard omeara wrote:Just seen polair hovering around Tuarthill/Balcatta area for the last 20 minutes.Strange thing was absolutly no lights at all.Not even the small flashing ones.But could see it with the clouds behind it.Anyone know whats happening and why?Ended up being around about 30min.
    he would have had to have his lights on... legal requirement.

as for why he was there.... not a clue
    Hey Naf - I can verify - there are a few occaisions where Polair has the okay to not have no exterior lights on - during parts of an operation.

I've seen this a few times especially in the summer time - at night - if it is tracking a vehicle etc - it doesn't always have it's nav lights on - once it's finished doing what it's tasked for, then all lights come on again.

G
    George
    WARSUG Moderator
    VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
    MBFB

Post by MBFB »

yeh polair was talking to 6AR about kids lighting fires in Mandurah there was a big party going on down there...
    richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Just seen polair 61 patroling .Heading south of river.
    gkoutlis

Re: Polair 61 sighting

Post by gkoutlis »

Flew right over us at the Show Grounds around that time....

G
    George
    WARSUG Moderator
    VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
    richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Polair 61 heading to Mullaloo point.
    gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Was overhead the Royal Show Grounds tonight after fireworks finished.... Great crowd today...

G
    George
    WARSUG Moderator
    VFRS Member

richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

polair north off city
    written_ficton
    WARSUG top poster
    WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Something going down in Leederville...

Some quiet good night photos, up close and personal
    I've closed the door!
    richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Polair 61 heading to Seabird (south of Lancerlin).Some thing about a navigation beacon.Nothing else heard.Good to hear polair.
    gkoutlis

Re: Polair 61 Observations

Post by gkoutlis »

Polair61 doing alot of patrols in the city 13.24. Anyone know whats happening? G
    George
    WARSUG Moderator
    VFRS Member

richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

May be making an apperance for new years celebrations tonight.
    westernwedgey
    150+ posts
    150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Certainly did, short time after midnight was hovering and circling around Alexander Heights/Marangaroo area.