Unmarked Police Vehicles

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Unmarked Police Vehicles

Post by written_ficton »

I've got pictures of the major crash
I've closed the door!
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

richard omeara wrote:Just seen an unmarked silver diesel Toyota prado.Along with an unmarked silver falcon and EB202 had a large heaverly tatooed guy cuffed in Nollamara.Not sure if it was a raid or a pick up.Cops had these black plastic boxes with handles.
Heard on news today some rebals bikes got aressted for drugs in Nollamara and westminster.I take it this blocke was one of them.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Seen an unmarked black WRX subaru today.The local subaru dealer must be a very happy man.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Seen on the freeway southbound near Glendalough an unmarked falcon with the rear facing LED's mounted on a roof rack above drivers head instead of on the rear parcel shelf.
bjg3101

Post by bjg3101 »

HPS wrote:
Unmarked Ford Territory - With LEDs behing the grill but without any dash/rear window LEDs (was coming out of the Maylands police complex - perhaps TRG?)
I was speaking to a TRG officer the other day and he said when they aren't on a specific job, they patrol around in unmarked ford territorys and assist the uniformed police.

So its possible that it was trg. =]
yorky

Post by yorky »

bjg3101 wrote:
HPS wrote:
Unmarked Ford Territory - With LEDs behing the grill but without any dash/rear window LEDs (was coming out of the Maylands police complex - perhaps TRG?)
I was speaking to a TRG officer the other day and he said when they aren't on a specific job, they patrol around in unmarked ford territorys and assist the uniformed police.

So its possible that it was trg. =]
bjg3101 wrote:Hey HPS.

The ford territory you talked about was probably the TRG. I was having a chat to a member of the TRG and he said that if it is not a busy night, they patrol around in unmarked Ford territories, and give help to the general duties police if needed. :)

bjg3101
You already said that in this very thread #-o
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
bakerboy

Post by bakerboy »

seen the usual collection of wrx and xr6, spotted a 2wd hilux ute on roe hwy yesterday :?
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Interesting thing happened the other day around 11.20am southbound on the FWY...

I was driving in the middle lane and as i went under the Canning Hwy Overpass a white unmarked Subaru came up behind with headlights on and LED's but no siren. It was changing lanes behind me to get to the outside lane obviously to pass all the traffic, not with much success though.

Within seconds I then noticed an unmarked brown Commodore sedan rushing up behind me and pass me on the inside...it had no lights or sirens on and was driving in and out of vehicles, changing lanes erratically at times.

I was then overtaken by a small white vehicle again on the inside without lights or sirens, i then noticed the Commodore in front trying to get through traffic had put on the LED's (cause I could see the parcel shelf ones activated) for a short time

Then an unmarked Commodore S/W came by at speed also, again no lights and sirens...
The small white vehicle was now passing vehilces on the emergency lane running next to the train line, when it merged back into traffic at speed it "freaked" some of the drivers in front of me.

I have no problem with Police responding urgently to calls as they are trained for that, but this whole scenario that played out infront of me from Canning Hwy to Leach Hwy made me wonder why not all the vehicles had activated LED's at least when driving like that.

After all no one knew the other 3 vehicles were police, but they would've definately got through the traffic quicker if they had at least lights and/or sirens on.

About an hour later I passed the intersection of Leach Hwy and the freeway off ramp, all the vehicles were parked up on the verge with 3 offenders in cuffs sitting on the ground. There was 2 other vehicles at the scene, a marked car and an old celica type car, obvoiusly the offenders.

This is not an anti-cop thing, merely an observation.
xli

Post by xli »

westernwedgey wrote:Then an unmarked Commodore S/W came by at speed also, again no lights and sirens...
I've always believed police/fire/ambo etc can only 'break the speed limit' while utilizing lights and/or sirens and without them they must behave like any other law abiding citizen. One can only assume though its one of those grey areas, as at times they'd require covertness and wish not to announce their attendance until they are ready, however on the other hand they are putting others on the road more at risk than if they simply used the warning devices.. As many of you's would know, people can act very unpredictably when surprised, and that people can be surprised easily.
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Nothing grey about it really, section 280 of the RTC covers it.

Those who believe that the 'sea' will part like moses just because you have lights and sirens activated have never driven using them.

If only people kept left on the Freeway :roll:

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
diggity

Post by diggity »

Saw an unmarked subaru forester (current shape) in Freo today. Had TADIS, too. No front/rear lights. Likely to be forensics...
Also, plenty of new SIDI sedans and wagons getting around. All with alloys. Smart looking cars but practical :?: :?:
HPS

Post by HPS »

Very interesting to see what fallout the decision to cut "high performance" vehicles from the WAPOL Fleet has, I heard on the news that an "experienced police pursuit driver" has refused to participate in pursuits if he is driving a standard commodore/falcon.

Does this mean we have seen the end of unmarked WRX/Falcon XR6 Turbos? Surely the budget could stretch so that at least the TEG could retain their vehicles? Perhaps the props will have to become even more elaborate if they are forced to return to standard falcons / commodores!

How far does this extend? Will Detectives lose their unmarked 4WDs etc?

Very interested to hear your views.

Cheers,

HPS

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/ne ... udget-axe/

https://www.wapolun.org.au/getfile/1072.pdf

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa ... car-audit/
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Walks wrote:Nothing grey about it really, section 280 of the RTC covers it.

Those who believe that the 'sea' will part like moses just because you have lights and sirens activated have never driven using them.

If only people kept left on the Freeway :roll:

Walks.
More people panic than anything...
I've closed the door!
jezza

Post by jezza »

Was driving on the Kwinana Fwy the other day, and was passed by a white Camry driven by a uniformed WAPOL officer and equipped with rear deck lights. Is WAPOL using Camrys or something to suppliment the fleet of commodores?
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Chaplain