Unmarked Police Vehicles

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

HPS

Unmarked Police Vehicles

Post by HPS »

Hi All,

WAPOL seem to be deviating from the Unmarked Commodore/Falcon days of old. Perhaps a change of Commissioner has made the difference; or perhaps a management change at groups such as TEG?

Perhaps there has also been some latitude granted to OICs on how they deck the cars out? (With toys/signs and tint being added as props to vehicles)

I have seen some interesting vehicles on the road/news and would be interested to know what other board members had seen on the road.(Any photos would be very much appreciated)

Some vehicles I have seen:

Unmarked SS Commodore Lime Green

Unmarked SS Commodore White - With Dad's Taxi sign hanging in the rear window

Unmarked XR6 Turbo Black - With a Pink Rabbit in the rear window

Unmarked WRX Hatch Black

Unmarked Ford Territory - With LEDs behing the grill but without any dash/rear window LEDs (was coming out of the Maylands police complex - perhaps TRG?)

Looking forward to your posts.

Cheers

HPS
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Unmarked Police Vehicles

Post by ConstableCare »

HPS wrote:Unmarked Ford Territory - With LEDs behing the grill but without any dash/rear window LEDs (was coming out of the Maylands police complex - perhaps TRG?)HPS
Does have LED's on the rear top right of the boot.

Was doing a traffic stop on Great Eastern Hwy on Saturday morning....

CC 8)
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

have seen a white XR6T, really dark tint and a rather large FORD sticker on the back window aswell as a "Baby on Board" sign. didnt notice it was WApol until the LEDs lit up and he took off after someone!

I think its a great idea, really mixes things up a bit and hopefully its catching more people as unmarked cars used to stand out more than marked ones! lol
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

dont think you would have seen SS'es as V8's aren't used by WAPOL.. were they SV6's?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Most likely a SV6 - I had a chat to the crew of a lime green Holden SV6 assisting with a road closure at the recent Maddington Petrol Tanker Fire. It was far too dark for me to take pics, but the guy said they definatley don't have V8's any more....

Hope this sheds abit more light....

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
HPS

Post by HPS »

My apologies they were SV6s not SS Commodores
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

they are exactly the same as eachother apart from the V8.. very easy to mistake SV6 for an SS =]
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
bjg3101

Post by bjg3101 »

Hey HPS.

The ford territory you talked about was probably the TRG. I was having a chat to a member of the TRG and he said that if it is not a busy night, they patrol around in unmarked Ford territories, and give help to the general duties police if needed. :)

bjg3101
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Have seen a couple of unmarked Ford Territorys at a couple of jobs. Had plain clothed police on board.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

blue wrx wagon spotted today on kwinana freeway doing a traffic stop.

i'm happy wapol have a diverse fleet of unmarked - makes look twice at every newish car. older generation unmarked cars could be spotted a mile away with their three antennas, pursuit rims and dash/deck lights. these days the wrx for example as their antennas on the front (x2) and on the rear side window. Seen a commodore two days ago with a visor light pulling out of cannington police complex too. some have lost their pursuit rims in favour of standard hub caps. and traffic cops wearing plain clothes is a good touch too.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Got some pix of some unmarked cars on wellington st.1x falcon 1x subaru.
The Falcon had two different front windscreen arials.With radio.Rear parcel lights.Didnt seem to have on board tardis.
The Subaru had one front windscreen arial only.No tardis.No lights.With radio.Both had yellow WAPOL parking paper on dash.Image
ImageIt took me 12 edits but i did it :lol: :lol:
Last edited by richard omeara on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I saw an unmarked Commodore with lights in the rear right hand side / back window had pulled over a vehicle today on Nicholson road in Canning Vale. They stopped and took up the whole lane. The police vehicle looked very new and everyone had to move into the right lane to avoid the traffic stop. A bit of a silly place to stop if you ask me but they had pulled over an older red Commodore.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Just seen an unmarked silver diesel Toyota prado.Along with an unmarked silver falcon and EB202 had a large heaverly tatooed guy cuffed in Nollamara.Not sure if it was a raid or a pick up.Cops had these black plastic boxes with handles.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

richard omeara wrote:Just seen an unmarked silver diesel Toyota prado.Along with an unmarked silver falcon and EB202 had a large heaverly tatooed guy cuffed in Nollamara.Not sure if it was a raid or a pick up.Cops had these black plastic boxes with handles.
we have had a white Prado come through my work for servicing.. had deckblaster but didnt realize it might of been WApol at the time... will keep an eye out for it in future to try get a pic of it
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

With the cost-cutting bought on by the State Gov't WAPOL have had to look at other vehicles for some sections away from the "traditional" Nissan Patrol. This is just another sign of things to come...

Major Crash now have a few to replace their Patrols...

Cheers, CC 8)