speed camera,s

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

vk6ngs
Amateur callsign: vk6ngs
Scanners and Receivers: FTDX-3000 IC-7100 Radio shack dx-394 AOR AR8600MK2 AOR AR8200D

speed camera,s

Post by vk6ngs »

Can any serving W.A police tell me if there is any night restrictions for speed camera,s on the freeway.I was told by a serving member they cant be on freeway after 8pm is this true???.
Thanks Grant vk6ngs
gkoutlis

Re: speed camera,s

Post by gkoutlis »

vk6ngs wrote:Can any serving W.A police tell me if there is any night restrictions for speed camera,s on the freeway.I was told by a serving member they cant be on freeway after 8pm is this true???.
Thanks Grant vk6ngs

I am not in WAPOL - however, have noticed on a few occaisions multinovas at night past the 8pm you say.

Sometime around Roe and Tokin Hwy and Leach Hwy's.

I observed one night a few weeks ago, heading home from a duty approx 10pm ish - and the car that flew past me, was indeed flashed by one (it had a red flash too).

So they are out there... :wink:

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Sneaky
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden; Motorolla

Post by Sneaky »

Can be out anytime...generally they dont do late shifts most probably due to safety reasons.

Latest I have seen one out is 0200.
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Saw one on the Freeway last week at 0330hrs and believe it was there for a few hours.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Any time, anywhere....
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

have seen a camera on stirling hwy Mosman park at 0300hrs before. there was actually 2x nissan X-trails parked next to eachother but there was only 1 camera... was thinking one operator was being trained or maybe for safety reasons.?! have seen this on more than one occasion at this location
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

vk6ngs wrote:Can any serving W.A police tell me if there is any night restrictions for speed camera,s on the freeway.I was told by a serving member they cant be on freeway after 8pm is this true???.
Thanks Grant vk6ngs
All hours now Grant. Used to be a restriction but that has been abolished....

CC 8)
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Saw one on east pde, after 2130 train station car park

Another out at night on tonkin in canington