Country Cars

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

G'day SirG,

Yeah sort of....I was just think of metro area to keep it simple.

Like 1BOC694 MPHR68 Perth 2nd Scania Series 4 for example.

rgds your hero

Tommy
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

and maybe we could start getting photos (small ones) on there too
The bigger the better MrG.. :lol:
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Saw YK201 today (mkd sedan, VLB, spots and HF antenna) Even managed to get a pic. :D

Saw over the past few days LJ201 (Cranbrook) and YR101 (Trayning).
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys on 34 last night I heard a Golf Zulu car clear from a job - I think it was GZ304??? Is this a crime car or something?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Recently seen:

LM101 just out of Mount Barker (Rodeo, GDLB)
LE101 in Kondinin (marked sedan, HF, VLB)
YZ101 in Narembeen (Rodeo, GDLB)
YC201 in Meckering (marked Commodore, GDLB)
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Saw a brand new VE Commodore at an auto elecs today fully marked up with the call sign either RH202 or RM202 (Manjimup??)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Drove the Perth Wednesday and seen 6 WAPOL vehicles on the way down which I thought was very good. 2 unmarked, 2 HWP, and 2 town traffic cars.

Returning on Thursday was only 1 town traffic car and 1 unmarked car who had an XR8 ute pulled over.

Also lucky for me on of the town traffic cars obviously was a "common sense" guy. I was behind a B-Double and had asked him to give me a shout when it was all clear - we came out of a bend to a long stretch of straight so he gave me the all clear, I was doing about 125-130kph going around him only to notice the car approaching in the distance was this traffic car :? by the time he passed me I had pulled back in and was back down to 115kph. Needless to say he just kept going.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

or he didn't have a radar, and as such couldn't be certain your speed.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Tyranus wrote:or he didn't have a radar, and as such couldn't be certain your speed.
The white disc radar was shinning nicely through the windscreen, perhaps 2 vehicles next to each other confused it?
Like I say hopefully he was just showing some common sense, fare better to go a bit faster and be on the wrong side of the road next to a truck then to do the limit and be "explosed" to far longer.

Plus there was no way he would have safely done a U turn in front of the truck and if he did it behind him it would have taken awhile to get around it himself.

My thoughts anyway :wink:
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

probably not worth the effort in paperwork :P haha, nah country cops are good, all the ones I've had anything to do with, have been real down to earth people, including the one who was giving me advice for the test to get my first phase L's, such as where most people go wrong...he was right too, I got one question wrong, and it was a diagram one :P. Having said that some metro guys/gals are fairly relaxed, I was in a hurry heading up kalamunda road, and was going just a wee bit too fast, but the car that went past me didn't flash me, but I got to the speed limit pretty quick afterwards just incase there was another one!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Just got back from a 3 day shoot in Port/South Hedland. Took some pics of a few of the South Hedland fleet. Will post them when i get a chance.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Driving down to margs saw nothing all weekend had the scanner on heard general chit chat here n there.

On the way back saw 2 traffic cars in margs one was RO101 i think (ve omega normal markings with vecta lightbar on it) and a BA falcon traffic markings both at shell filling up was driving past so didnt have time to stop n take pics.

Coming into bunbury saw ba falcon traffic operations car doing radar work coming into bunbury and between bunbury and manadurah 2 speed camera operators both 10 klms beween australind and lake clifton.

Sorry i didnt get any pics.
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Unmarked cars

Post by Rockjet »

Dont suppose anyone can help me with some info, in Geraldton we have 2, possible 3 unmarked VZ Commodores. One is a white with spotties(possibly FG204), the other I saw today is a blue with spotties and a HF aerial on the back, and the other is possibly a silver. The spreadsheet doesnt list them from what I can see, all of our cars here are either AF or FG. 8)
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

LR101 - marked VZ sedan, VLB, spots. (Dumbleyung)
LT101 - marked Rodeo, GDLB (Kondinin)

Pic of LR101 in pics thread