Country Cars

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

New to Merredin!

YM202: White (not silver) highway patrol SV6 with Vector Light Bar and HF antenna. Couldn't see if it had spotties but I imagine it does. The YM202 font appears different to the other YM vehicles. :D
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Yep all will be like that, just a new type of sticker they are using.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

WPXZBP wrote:New to Merredin!

YM202: White (not silver) highway patrol SV6 with Vector Light Bar and HF antenna. Couldn't see if it had spotties but I imagine it does. The YM202 font appears different to the other YM vehicles. :D
Here's a pic of it next to (left to right) YX101 (which is essentially YM101), an unmarked YM vehicle and YM102.

pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

Looks good, i like
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Hi Wes,

Has YM202 got a pod like the old one did?

rgds

Tom
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Didn't look Tom. Will try to in the future.
T.E.O.

Post by T.E.O. »

Ford XR6 Turbos are now available as an option instead of the SV6. Any idea on their kW anyone?
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Respect the Law

Post by Respect the Law »

Are these New vehicles going to be GPS monitored/logged, as in pursuit speed/distance/ timestamped?

Personally, I applaude the idea of having cars that the perps know they cannot outrun/lose.
And also due to the amount of similar looking vehicles on the road the unmarked's would fit in very easily.

It will make them think twice about trying to outrun us.
Preventative crime control at its best... :wink:
T.E.O.

Post by T.E.O. »

245 aint to bad, slowly edging up to the 300kW. One day maybe......I can only dream.

I am not sure. All the city cars eventually will have 'The Tracking Device' I guess, for safety mainly, but to stop 'ghosting' as well.

I don't think the country cars will have it due to there being no point (I believe) but will have to wait and see.
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

I think that 245kw in the hands of a skilled pursuit driver is more than enough.. I personally don't think there's enough decent drivers out there to be effectively handle the 300kw - lets face it, that IS a lot of car to handle in a pursuit..

I'm glad that there's an option now instead of the glorified taxi's that were being handed out beforehand...
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I just saw YX101 very old BA Falcon ute with a canopy cage on the back coming off the Mitchell Fwy at Hepburn ave heading East!!

Same type as ZB101 and the old JA103.

Long way from home!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Tom wrote:I just saw YX101 very old BA Falcon ute with a canopy cage on the back coming off the Mitchell Fwy at Hepburn ave heading East!!

Long way from home!
Sure is!!!! 3¼ hrs drive from there...
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I thought of you when I saw it Wes, the dude driving was in civvies.

Can we start a FESA spread-sheet for the metro area?

Tom
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.