Bunbury police - live internet feed is online!

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Bunbury police - live internet feed is online!

Post by Blinky »

How many channels and what was the delay in restarting scanning? I listened for a while and was listening to my scanner and did not hear the Bunbury channel during the 15 mins I listened, but it was active on my scanner. I thought you must have locked it onto the what sounded like Busselton channel.

Did you use to have 2 PCR1000's at one stage a couple of years ago?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
wayne
Scanners and Receivers: Funcube SDR Dongle Pro+
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

I left it scanning all 6 local police channels and 6 local SES & Fire channels that i can receive here normally and went to bed.

No channels were purposely locked onto.

As i was'nt listening at the time there must of been some activity on the Busselton Chennel that it stopped on at the same time there was some activity on the Bunbury Channel, the delay is set a 4 seconds before scanning resumes, maybe i could of set the Bunbury channel as a priority channel but then you get the annoying switching as it checks for activity if on another channel.

I've have a number of PCR1000's over the years as well as alot of other scanner/receivers/discones/etc...

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Any feeds going up this weekend?
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Is this thing never "up" or have I done something wrong?
Last edited by Leigh on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

wayne wrote:Thanks for the support.

I had it back online for 2/3 hours last night, unfortunately i can't having it running 24/7 as i like to do my own listening as well also down on Shortwave & HF SSB Aero when i knock off work and i only have the one receiver, so basically i'll put it on air when i can and announce it on here otherwise it will be offline a majority of the time which will probably deter most people from trying to see if the link works.

I only logged one IP last night in over 2 hours after posting on here it was online again so i thought maybe the interest is'nt there anyway to continue with it possibly because of the erratic times of operation.

I have considered leaving it online while i was at work during the day for a trial period but i think most of the time during the day the Bunbury Police are only worried about what their having for hot crib and/or not wanting to be interupted when they have it onboard...
It pays to go back and read previous pages.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Ahh. Fair enough
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

The offer of a UHF dedicated radio is still on the table... :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
wayne
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

On air now & should be on air tonight - Sat 3rd if anyone is interested, been having trouble with the now found 'hidden networking settings' on my wireless modem for streaming from LAN to WAN

http://58.96.116.50:8000

Please advise if working and audio is ok - should be 64kbs

I'll let it scan through it's memory channels for a while and i'll anchor it on 468.175Mhz tonight.

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

wayne wrote:On air now & should be on air tonight - Sat 3rd if anyone is interested, been having trouble with the now found 'hidden networking settings' on my wireless modem for streaming from LAN to WAN

http://58.96.116.50:8000

Please advise if working and audio is ok - should be 64kbs

I'll let it scan through it's memory channels for a while and i'll anchor it on 468.175Mhz tonight.
When I listen it seems stop/start all the time. Don't know if this is just my PC doing it. Audio quality while there is good.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

It sounds like it is being clamped. Are the input levels correct? Thanks for taking the time to set up..
wayne
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

Hopefully better now, i had a few other programs running and another laptop and all together might of been saturating my upstream ?
Last edited by wayne on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

I don't know how anyone else is going but the links don't work with me. I was waiting to see if anyone else responded but as nothing sofar thats what I have found.

wayne
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

Feedback + or - appreciated, i am seeing alot of IP's connecting - some for only a a couple of minutes some for half an hour or more, someone on iinet in Perth has been comming and going during the day.

It's hard to test your own connection and pretent your outside of your own network as it tries/wants to connect directly as gives you a false indication.

I have now reverted back to http://58.96.116.50:8000

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

It's sounding better now. They are not very active tonight and not much traffic as I am listening direct and trying the online feed as well to see how it is going.

I hope the guys in Perth are getting it while they can. I am sure they appreciate your efforts.

wayne
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

Thanks Blinky, i see 2 IP address's comming from the US as well so must be a few peoples out their still interested in the old anologue transmissions.

Hope they have settled down a bit now, i have my daughter at the moment here hammering Windows Live Messenger and You Tube on her Laptop so it might be effecting my upstream bandwidth.

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro