Bunbury police - live internet feed is online!

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: Bunbury police - live internet feed is online!

Post by Tyranus »

wayne wrote: i have my daughter at the moment here hammering Windows Live Messenger and You Tube on her Laptop so it might be effecting my upstream bandwidth.
Hasn't she seen how important it is to listen to WA Police while she still has the oppurtunity? youtube and msn will always be there...though having said that I'm not listening, mainly because I'm doing some serious torrenting of Linux and Windows stuff.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
wayne
Scanners and Receivers: Funcube SDR Dongle Pro+
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

I noticed a couple of people connected for short periods between 8 & 10 pm and then nothing until 2 am so i don't know if the feed was actually working properly or there was nobody was interested or knew about it ?

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

It looks like you have a dynamic IP. Any chance you can sign up to a service such as dyndns.org or similar? Most routers these days even have built in support so every time your IP address changes, it updates to the host name.

You can get something like http://bunburyscanner.dyndns.org:8000 or something similar which means you're always accessible even after an IP change.
wayne
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

I have had the same IP over 12 months and it's static.

I can change it myself if i need to by logging into my ISP's account but i have'nt had to do that since i've been with them.

The Feed will be back on this Friday night if anyone interested.

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro
wayne
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

The Feed will not be online now as no-one is interested or has responded so i won't waste my bandwidth.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

I was interested.Sorry didnt know we had to respond.Other wise i would off.May go watch nasa blow up the moon instead :mrgreen:
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Bugger.. quiet weekend night at home for a change... I was hoping the stream might be up. Oh well I'll tune into the Hunter region (NSW) stream instead, its quite interesting listening some nights.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Whats the URL for the Hunter RX?
wayne
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

Bunbury Police tonight on 469.225 Mhz and 468.175 Mhz with the Brunswick Show, other frequencies active tonight are 467.900, 467.925, - ( Collie), 468.000 - ( Donnybrook), 468.075 - ( Harvey), 468.300- ( Donnybrook ), 468.375 - (Harvey), 468.400, 468.425, 468.450 - ( Various Including Nannup, Bridgetown & Balingup Mobiles heard ), 468.550 - ( Busselton, Dunsborough & Margaret River ( With a Fire apparently blocking access to Prevelly near Gnarabup )

Off Topic - Also Taxis 163.000 Dunsborough, ( Very Active ) 163.175 Margaret River & 164.100 Busselton.

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Is it going to be a feed?
wayne
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

richard omeara wrote:Is it going to be a feed?
At the moment as in the past there does'nt appear to be enough interest to justify a feed as the last feed i provided resulted in a number ( 4 actually ) negative PM's directly to my inbox and i only logged 3 different IP's over 12 hours online so basically it's not worth the effort & some people only want to bitch about anything including telling Bunbury Police i was rebroadcasting them online unauthorized and in breach of some act.

Funcube SDR Dongle Pro
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

That sucks.Thanks for all the effort youve put in to it Wayne.Kal feed is still up for now if any one is interested.
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

If any one has a link for Kalgoorlie Online Scanner could you please PM me with a link as on my Comp Im running Windows XP & Some advice how I go running it

I do apologise if this has been mention before but im on my Phone and it hard to read

Thanks
HL 101
offroada99

Post by offroada99 »

auntys_eyes wrote:WWWOOOO HHHOOOO!!!! Brilliant work guys. Great to hear WAPol again, even if it's a couple of hundred km's away. No probs at all with Windows Media Player via Windows XP :D =D>

(Now all we need are some good samaritans in places like Albany, Kalgoorlie, Geraldton etc [-o< )
I am going to kalbarri next week. i will have a feed setup there for as long as i can.
i got a REALLY old '76 Bearcat, works fine but it is only 10 channel (8 band) and im not sure what it will get on ch 1-10. theyre EXTREMELY cheap at morley Dick Smith, and im gonna pick up and upgrade from UBC60XLT ('76) to UBC72XLT (10)!