WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

warrior2001

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by warrior2001 »

Ah bugger,
I would expect that most of the letters would be sent out at the same time.
At the RJP they did say they do have a few people decline offers for various reasons until even the week before in some cases and they normally try to fill them so hopefully you will get a letter Sezza.
Makes me feel bad for failing the agility test knowing that if I had passed it I could have got a letter.
sezza

Post by sezza »

Don't feel bad time against you evening you had passed you still have Medicals, DNA and fingerprints plus bankruptcy checks to do. All takes time.
warrior2001

Post by warrior2001 »

Yeah true, ah well.
Hope you get a letter soon.

Hope this rain doesn't continue, was meant to do some practice for the agility test yesterday with my PT but had to cancel it.
sezza

Post by sezza »

Heard today that next squads going into academy aren't there for 6 months but only 3 then out on street - hands on learning? Anyone know if there is truth in that?
warrior2001

Post by warrior2001 »

Could be for CHOGM ? But I would think if they did that those officers would be doing road blockades, ID checks etc
Then after CHOGM going back to the Academy ?

Otherwise I'm not sure how that could work effectively.
sezza

Post by sezza »

I thought that initially too but apparently it's a permanent change. You just go back for a couple if days over the preceeding months?!
warrior2001

Post by warrior2001 »

Hmm, strange it wasn't mentioned at the RJP though.
Have to wait and find out I guess !
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

6 months isn't long enough for some as it is... only 3 months would be disastrous!
sezza

Post by sezza »

Maybe it's just a rumor but it was from a policeman?
CPQ

Post by CPQ »

I'm not sure when they plan on implementing this, but i think it's still a 6 month course but they want more hands on learning. So 2 or 3 recruits would go with a senior officer to selected jobs.

They were meant to do this for my intake (April) but they didn't have the time to make it happen before CHOGM. Maybe the next intake they'll make it happen.
mrsg84

Post by mrsg84 »

Wrong wrong wrong! The only way a recruit training would be 3 months is if it was transitional training. There is no way recruit training will ever be 3 months. And no, its not going to happen for CHOGM either, it would too much of a risk sending out people who have no idea what they are doing. Whoever said that was totally pulling your leg.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

as said above.... 6 months is BARELY long enough for some people... if anything it needs to be incresed to 9mths or 12mths
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
CPQ

Post by CPQ »

mrsg84 wrote:Wrong wrong wrong! The only way a recruit training would be 3 months is if it was transitional training. There is no way recruit training will ever be 3 months. And no, its not going to happen for CHOGM either, it would too much of a risk sending out people who have no idea what they are doing. Whoever said that was totally pulling your leg.
I thought I heard they wanted to do more hands on learning though? No doubt the course would still be 6 months but don't they intent students to get more hands on experience? And I don't mean out on the road for 40 hours a weeks, i mean more than they have now.

And Donks, I'm sure if we paid our way through the Academy they'd make it 12 months!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

current squads now to approx 12 'district placements' on weekends towards the end of the academy. there would be no way recruits would be sent out without completing tactical training as well as the legal component of the academy...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
mrsg84

Post by mrsg84 »

well yeah, towards the end they do seem to go out a bit but..still, 5 weeks in and with everything else we have coming...honestly i don't know how they managed to fit it all in 6 months, and prepare yourselves guys...the study load is heavy, exams start 2 weeks in, and it gets harder, i heard some people stay behind til 8pm to do work and study, is not an ordinary job where you go for 8 hrs, go home and forget about it, whilst in the academy, you eat, breath, dream about the stuff you gotta get done. if you dont have the dedication, don't even bother, seriously.