WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

WAPol aplication process

Post by woobla1 »

Sooo sent off my app today for wapol.

Told about 12 month delay if I get in. Due to economic uncertainty etc and the 're-engagees' that is those that abandoned the coppers chasing the big money coming scurrying back. Also no more pommy recruitments.

Changed times for wapol.

How is everyone's apps going for those still looking at it?
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
Nafenn

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by Nafenn »

awesome, best of luck. I'm thinking of looking into POLAIR down the track, see what happens.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Woobla.. best of luck.. I too sent off my application today.. (for the second time) as i had to rectify a problem with my first app.. had to sort out my full birth cirtificate as an 'Extract from Birth' was not good enough...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

donks wrote:Woobla.. best of luck.. I too sent off my application today.. (for the second time) as i had to rectify a problem with my first app.. had to sort out my full birth cirtificate as an 'Extract from Birth' was not good enough...
Don't you hate that, they wont accept Extract from Birth? Its the same thing
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

woobla1 wrote:Sooo sent off my app today for wapol.

Told about 12 month delay if I get in. Due to economic uncertainty etc and the 're-engagees' that is those that abandoned the coppers chasing the big money coming scurrying back. Also no more pommy recruitments.

Changed times for wapol.

How is everyone's apps going for those still looking at it?
If I can ask... what experiance do you have [working] atm... Do they look at people more closely if you have already got experiance in security, cash in transit that sort of thing or is it the face fits scene?
I've closed the door!
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

written_ficton wrote:
If I can ask... what experience do you have [working] atm... Do they look at people more closely if you have already got experiance in security, cash in transit that sort of thing or is it the face fits scene?
I am 25, worked full time in about 4 diff industries including security , banking
graduated from uni with political science, lived overseas for 1 year in Europe (not uk)

speak 2 languages and am recently married.

So if that's not good enough I don't know what is :P.. Oh and I also like pie

I don't really think they value one industry over another in looking at your experience. Pretty much any life experience, or accumulated skills learnt anywhere will help. Except doesn't seem that way with snot nosed 'cadets' that join straight out of high school. But I am hoping with a combination of different things I might rank higher.

Though not sure if rank is solely based on what marks you get correct in entrance exam, or like the vicpol where they add you up and your points tally where you will land on the board.

E.g Experience + 10, educated +10 etc...
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

Nafenn wrote:I'm thinking of looking into POLAIR down the track
Good luck getting thru the Entrance Exam into Airwing!
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

woobla1 wrote:
written_ficton wrote: Except doesn't seem that way with snot nosed 'cadets' that join straight out of high school.
I thought i had a fair bit of expirience compaired to some of the other people running for the cadet program, but that, nor fitness, seemed to mean anything with the selection process.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

ConstableCare wrote:
Nafenn wrote:I'm thinking of looking into POLAIR down the track
Good luck getting thru the Entrance Exam into Airwing!
What does that exam involve, out of curiosity? I assume there's an aviation component, but what else is there?
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

From what I was told, you need to be a Police Officer (serving) for at least 5 years or have in excess of over 3 to 4 thousand flying hours with numerous ratings NVFR, VFR, CPL, PPL and re-newals - Before you can be considered for the airwing.

At the time of my enquiry to get into the Airwing, I was told, it is pretty hard to get in, especially as they are looking more for Chopper Pilots with years and years of experience.

- Which reminds me ;) Last night at 20:10 over Stirling Hwy, Polair 61 was flying very slow with the Channel 7 chopper flying almost in formation slowly - was a pretty interesting sight... Wonder what it was for...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Interesting... Of course the air wing also operates fixed wing aircraft as well as the helicopter, so there's something else to consider I guess.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Zebedee wrote:Interesting... Of course the air wing also operates fixed wing aircraft as well as the helicopter, so there's something else to consider I guess.
I presume the fixed wing would be like the RAAF aircraft in that you can roll it etc. because if you can that's just asking for a stereo in the back with Aces High - Iron Maiden to be played very loudly while performing the actions :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

written_ficton wrote:
donks wrote:Woobla.. best of luck.. I too sent off my application today.. (for the second time) as i had to rectify a problem with my first app.. had to sort out my full birth cirtificate as an 'Extract from Birth' was not good enough...
Don't you hate that, they wont accept Extract from Birth? Its the same thing
It isn't. Try getting a 'secret' clearance with an extract. An extract was enough to enlist though.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Got into the April class as an eighteen year old - with no experience... Although that April class got cancelled about a month ago. It seems though, that performance in the testing, especially the physical is of the most importance.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

singkenten wrote:Got into the April class as an eighteen year old - with no experience... Although that April class got cancelled about a month ago. It seems though, that performance in the testing, especially the physical is of the most importance.

cancelled for good?