WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by donks »

singkenten wrote:Put in your apllication - 2 weeks later do you PEE, 2 weeks later do your PPE, 1 week later do your psych, pass all of that then do your medical a few weeks after. Really though the PPE can be done when your ready, you cand defer that as long as you want. But obviously the more you put things back the longer you wait...

I had my psych test before my PPE. I have to go in for the PPE in 2 weeks... Hopefully if all criteria is met I will get in to a squad for the end of the year or early next year!
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Hey good luck... practiced your agility test yet?
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Thanks mate. No I havn't had much prac of the agility test but will probably go through it this weekend a few times. I've mainly been working on my cardio/core strength.. I'd hate to fail with the situp! haha
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
trent

Post by trent »

donks wrote:I'd hate to fail with the situp! haha
Happened when I did my PPE.
This is my signature, get you own!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

trent wrote:
donks wrote:I'd hate to fail with the situp! haha
Happened when I did my PPE.
ouch mate.. sorry to hear that! i've been doing heaps of core work but i dont know what sort of sit up they make you do for the PPE... so im just going to hope for the best
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

they keep it simple... ensure your hands stay on your shoulders, and feet on the ground, and sit all the way up...:-P Their pretty generous with it -youve got three goes to get it right! Havent you got the sheet that goes through each part of the PPE?
trent

Post by trent »

I didn't fail the sit-up Donks, some other bloke did. Should've expained it a little better.

As Sing said, it's just your run of the mill sit-up, nothing fancy about it.
Working on your core strength is probably the best thing you can do, lots of heavy deadlifts, plank, heavy squats all those simple compound exercises will do wonders.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

How has the PPE preperations been going?
trent

Post by trent »

x2
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

good.. have been busting my a.. off lately.. been really working on situps haha aswell as cardio.. I have my PPE this coming Monday!. Looking forward to it but if i fail, no worries because i can always just re-do the PPE... I actually attended the Realistic Job Preview last night and it blew me away!. was a real eye opener as to the extent of training and such! I am even more keen to get in to the force now!

will let you know how i go on monday!

cheers
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Actually, how was the "Job Preview"? I never got the chance to go to it coz I was living interstate... Just interested in what some of the key details where of it?

Good luck next week... Its actually a really enjoyable selection process, albeit a bit slow...
trent

Post by trent »

I wasn't able to attend the "Job Preview" either because I was overseas at the time.

Don't think too much into the PPE, just go with the flow. It's not as bad as some make it out to be.

Good luck Big Fella.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Cheers guys! :)

The RJP was a powerpoint presentation shown to us. The guy presenting it is they guy who is in charge of the recruitment department. He had two helpers who were Constables who are actually graduating the academy this Friday.

The P.point preso ran through:
*What is expected of a Police Officer.
*What the PUBLIC expects of a Police Officer.
*Accountability & Responsibility Police have.
* Full break down of the 28wks at the academy and what you learn.(Really interesting)
* Benefits of being a Police Officer.
and also info about the different agencies within WAPol.

Also had an extensive Q&A session which was the best part in my opinion.

I wanted to know how they determine station placement in the Metro area and i got my answer. =]

The two graduating officers were fantastic and basically said that its not as hard as people make it out to be but its also not a walk in the park. They shared some humerous stories of things that happened during their time at the academy too which was quite amusing.

Its a shame you both couldnt attend your presentations as i thought it was a really informative evening!

Cheers
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

How'd the PPE go?
trent

Post by trent »

How'd Woobla go with it all too?