WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

warrior2001

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by warrior2001 »

I did the same thing as you xchyler and passed the beep test but not the agility test in my first go.
Second go, I should have trusted my instinct about not feeling but went anyway and dropped out of the beep test too early.
However I passed the agility test on that go.

Best recommendation I can give is to practice the agility test.
I did it about 20-25 times on grass just to get it and was getting 16 seconds on grass which allowed me to pass it on the day.
It's been a week since my test and the cough I got is only just starting to go away. Hopefully can rebook soon though.
xchyler

Post by xchyler »

Warrior: so I've done my Physical test this morning and failed agility test. I manage to re-booked and the earliest available date is on the 8th of August. So I have more than a month to practice. Thanks for the tips mate.
warrior2001

Post by warrior2001 »

No problems.
Called up today to rebook mine, somehow got an earlier dat than you mine being the 25th, think that's because My Med cert is to run out before the 8th and must be coming up to 6 months since I put my application in.

On a side note, I saw 2 red squad members standing near a vehicle in Northbridge waiting for an officer getting food today, must have been on placement. Sure made me envious!
xchyler

Post by xchyler »

Warrior: thats good mate, good luck and im sure this time you'll make it.

Dont worry mate, you'll be in the front line sooner just like those red squad members that you saw in northbridge.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

If they had red epaulettes on they would have been doing P2 training... They don't were colored epaulettes when on placement - they will wear connie ones...
warrior2001

Post by warrior2001 »

Ah okay, my bad.
Makes sense :)
misskate

Post by misskate »

Last edited by misskate on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sezza

Post by sezza »

went to an entry pathway evening at academy on monday, interesting. two recruits seem to be having fun there.
Bluefalcon

Post by Bluefalcon »

Hey guys, just submitted my application for the second time, i failed my psyc interview 18 months ago. I think i will be fine with most of the process having done it 18 months ago, however still concerned about that interview! Anyone get any tips? Im 20, currently at uni and do volunteer fire and rescue. Cheers :)
JelloBello

Post by JelloBello »

Hey guys, long time lurker here. Signed up just to post in this thread! It's probably the most useful resource I could find on the interwebz regarding WA police recruiting.

I put my application in back in July and have completed everything and am waiting on the official letter saying I'm in the pool (been receiving selection pool emails for the last 2 weeks so I've got a hunch I'm already in). Guess now it's just the long wait for a spot to open up.

Bluefalcon, I think the best advice for the psych is just to be confident and most importantly be yourself. If you try and hide something I'm sure they'll be able to figure it out. I went in with the attitude that I wasn't going to try and bend the truth in any way which meant that some of my less desirable traits came through during the interview. I thought I'd failed, even though I'm fairly confident and well spoken, thinking about some of the answers I gave was worrying me to no end. The woman who interviewed me even said "You need to stop being so damn vindictive." which was pretty much on repeat in the back of my mind until I got the letter that I had in fact passed.

Did they give you a reason why they knocked you back the first time? was it the "lack of life experience" line?
Bluefalcon

Post by Bluefalcon »

Jellobello, yeah I spoke to an officer from recruitment and he said the lack of life experience line, and also being 18 at the time made it even harder. Do you know if they look at your previous application, and psyc interview and cross match them? Or does the previous interview have no bearing on this one? Also does anyone know of any courses as such that help you prepare for the interviews? Paragon etc only seem to offer apptitute prep.
Thanks -BF
mrsg84

Post by mrsg84 »

Soooo I just thought I'd let you all know that I've done, I've been and now I'm out! The academy was a great experience and being out there an even better one! Good luck to all current and future applicants!
JelloBello

Re: WAPol aplication process

Post by JelloBello »

For anyone interested,

I got a letter today letting me know I'm in the running for the March 26th intake. Pending my physical again on the 24th of Jan. Hoping it's a nice cool day! Super excited and hope I can pass the physical again, as last time I only JUST made the cut for the agility test.
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Well done JelloBello and all the best for the 24th of Jan.
Bluefalcon

Post by Bluefalcon »

So got my psyc interview on friday, pretty nervous about it, and the physical on the following monday morning with the RJP the same night. They seem to be really quick with the process this time around.
Just to clarify, how many attempts do you get at the physical, and also if you fail one test but pass the rest, do you have to do the whole physical again or just the one you failed?

Any input appreciated as always.

Regards - BF