WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Max-Brown

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by Max-Brown »

Hi mate leao,

Basically if you pass your entrance exam you'll get a letter about 2 weeks later with a date for your psych and physical. These will be scheduled a few weeks after you get the letter.
If you pass both of these then you will get a letter for your final medical, which includes one of those pee in this cup drug tests (no blood test), you will also need to submit fingerprints/dna.

I heard there is going to be 10 new squads in or something ridiculous like that at the academy.
mate leao

Post by mate leao »

cheers mate, when i spoke to the cats at recruiting, they said that there were schools in Jan and Feb and double schools in March and May. I better start running... :oops:
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

Just FYI - There was an internal WAPOL broadcast sent out today, encouraging staff to spread the word about the mass recruit influx next year (first half of).

It said that now is the best time to apply and that pool waiting times are likely to be very short.

..So pretty much what we have been saying in this thread for a while now :lol:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
misskate

Post by misskate »

Last edited by misskate on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Last edited by kilmo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mate leao

Post by mate leao »

Hi guys, just thought I'd share my progress. I sat the PEE today. Wasn't too much trouble, the spelling part had me a bit worried but the rest was a breeze. The 520 True/false psych evaluation was insane though. I hope it doesn't prove about me what many people have suggested though....
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Today I handed my Application form for the 2011 Cadet Traineeship, is there anything that I can do to prepare me for Physical and the Exam. ?

Thanks
Brandon(HL 101)
Schis

Post by Schis »

Hey mate,

All I can suggest is you go onto the Stepforward website (www.stepforward.wa.gov.au) and download all the example stuff.
They even have a mp3 version of the beep test on there so you can download and burn to disc and practise your shuttle run.

Hope this kinda helps
CPQ

Post by CPQ »

Last edited by CPQ on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Last edited by kilmo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Congratulations Kilmo, well done! :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Congrats mate.So that means we will have a live online Perth police feed from the 22 Feb curtosy of Killm :lol:
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

kilmo wrote:Hey guys,

Its been a while between updates, but I felt this one was worthy enough.

I'm in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passed everything today and have been told I start on the 21st Feb....Either Red or White squad :)

Nothing can wipe the smile off my face :)

- Kilmo

congrats mate!!!! not long til you start.. you see us doing drill on the parade ground today?? hahahaha
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Last edited by kilmo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

haha nice one! it was bloooooody hot out there.. so hot infact my shoe polish has melted off! all that hard work for nothing!!! yeppp.. big graduation Friday morning.. we have a ceremony on Thursday where we get our 'Operational' sliders and name tags! :D good luck with it all and keep me posted of progress!
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short