WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

kilmo

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by kilmo »

Does anyone know the rough estimate of numbers of people in the Pool???
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Hey max, unsure yet mate.. hang in there because you will get correspondance regardless.. as they have 2 new squads starting on monday the Training Admin are pretty busy at the moment. i'd say once they start you will hear something!
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Kilmo, not sure mate.. there is definately atleast 60!. probably 100+.. but they are clearing through them like no tomorrow at the moment!!
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Cheers Donks...

Just so you guys have some background info on me...

I currently work on the Railways for the PTA as a Transit Officer....have done so for 6 1/2 years now. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm happy to oblige unless there is a particular SEC reason not to give out information etc....

I love the job, but it's time to step up (or forward as the Govt says) and be a big boy now...lol

- Kilmo
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

Hey kilmo,

Good to see you on WARSUG mate. Good luck with getting on a squad man :)

(from RA forum)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Cheers guys.....

I'm just in the terrible waiting period now.....and it's killing me.....

For me personally it has been a childhood ambition to be one of WA's finest and to be so close now is nothing short of amazing....

To give you an idea....

Since Feb this year, I've dropped 20kg from 125kg to 105kg, improved my Beep test score from Level 7's to 10.1, I'm running 7 - 8km comfortably from maybe 2km struggling.....

All in all it has been a big effort I think to get as far as I have.....

So I'm excited as all hell that I'm this far :)
Max-Brown

Post by Max-Brown »

Congrats Kilmo.

Sounds like you have been working hard to get to this point. Have you been told if you are in the pool yet? When did you drop your application in?

As for me I'm still waiting to be hopefully selected in the 15th November squad and the wait is kind of killing me. Planning on big holiday if I get in.

Good luck to you and keep us updated.
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

My app was put in end of March this year....so the process has been fairly short for me....I'm just waiting on my Recruitment Pool letter.....
CPQ

Post by CPQ »

Last edited by CPQ on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Good luck CPQ :)

If you would like some advice on what to expect don't hesitate to ask..... :)

- Kilmo
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Damn.....sorry to spam guys....

Can anyone currently in the pool give me an indication how long it took them to receive the Pool letter from when they finalised their Medical/Particulars/Bankruptcy info ???

Just wanna see what a ball park wait figure would be before I go ringing up the Recruitment section....lol

- Kilmo
Max-Brown

Post by Max-Brown »

Here is a bit of a timeline for me;
- I had my final medical/particulars/bankruptcy checks in first week of February.
- They had an issue with my final medical, where the medical centre forgot to send me for a drug test (did it about a month later after receiving a call from recruiting).
- I got the pool letter in March/April
- First week of August received a letter that I am in the mix for the 15th of November squad pending a final physical evaluation on August 17th

I did however hear that they want to clear all the pools before the end of the year or early next year so you might be in for a short wait.
Max-Brown

Post by Max-Brown »

I just received some good news, I got selected for the Gold Squad. Starting on the 15th November. Got a busy week ahead next week with fitting and what not.

Really excited and looking forward to it.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Max-Brown wrote:I just received some good news, I got selected for the Gold Squad. Starting on the 15th November. Got a busy week ahead next week with fitting and what not.

Really excited and looking forward to it.
Congratulations MB - Well done!! 8)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Congrats MB.....

Thats awesome news mate....I'm jealous, but so happy for ya at the same time ;)

Well done :)

- Kilmo