WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by Tyranus »

Congratulations Donks, now comes the wait which will probably be even worse as you you know you're going in now, and are now doubt keen to just get in and go.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Thanks guys! :D

Kate, I am pretty happy however i do still have to re-qualify the PPE before i can get really excited! haha.

Phreak, Are you a serving WAPol officer?=]

Cheers Tyranus.... Yes you are right i do wish it was Jan 2011 already! haha however im told by many people that the 6 months in the academy is the best 6 months!

will keeo you all posted on how i go on April 30th =]

Brenno
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Well today was the big day.... well technically yesterday was... Im glad to be able to say that I passed the final PPE for the July 5th squad.

I will need to wait until next week to find out if I actually get given a place as we were told there are 60 places (double intake) and about 70 people going for them. We were told that it was transition time for Cadets and that 15 of them were also going for the July squad and that Cadets have priority pick over normal applicants.

Will update when i find out more..

cheers...

Brenno
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

awesome work mate, best of luck I know how you're feeling. Have they said when you'll know whether you're going in July??
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Thanks Tyranus... They said they will be sending out letters within the next week or so!. =]
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Got the final letter of the good sort on friday... I start at the academy on July 5th... I have my uniform fitting next friday... pretty exciting stuff at the moment... i am now in Sydney for the weekend relaxing before everything starts rolling!

Cheers
Max-Brown

Post by Max-Brown »

Congratulations. I bet you've got a been smile on your face. Hope everything goes well and we can all see your out on the streets in no time!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

anyone else still going through the process? if so how is it going? heeeeaps of squads are being put through later this year/early next year!
Max-Brown

Post by Max-Brown »

Yeh I'm still in the pool but I heard they are trying to top up the stocks before the boom again and there is going to be a double intake in September/October and in November so I got my fingers crossed for one of those....
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

yep we are told there will be 4 or 5 more squads this year. meaning there will be 7 squads there at one time! good luck and let us know how you progress!
Max-Brown

Post by Max-Brown »

Just and update...

I received a letter last week saying I'm in the mix for the 15th of November squad pending a final PPE. Did the said PPE this morning and that was all sweet.

Fingers crossed they give me a place.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Good Luck...Donks how's thing going/gone for you?
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

So... did they formally offer you a place in the nov 15th squad? Gold or Blue?

Tyranus... Things are going really well. have just finished up our legal and are starting to get into the more 'fun' stuff. There are 2 more squads starting next Monday so the Academy is starting to become a busy busy place!.

Let me know how you go MB!.
Max-Brown

Post by Max-Brown »

I am actually a little bit worried that I have not heard anything back yet. Do you know if they have already sent out the offers?
kilmo

Post by kilmo »

Hey guys....

I've been browsing the boards for years now, but never made an account....

But I thought since everyone else was updating the group on their WAPol apps, I thought I'd do the same...

I have passed my Entrance Exams, PI, RJP and completed my Medical, Bankruptcy search and Identifying particulars....

So now I'm just waiting.....and it's agonising...lol