WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

rbz78

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by rbz78 »

donks wrote:
rbz78 wrote:Hey all,

I was just wondering if any of you had any advice on how to go about passing the agility test. I'm OK with everything else. Passed the beep test on my practice runs a few times already but it's just the agility test that I keep failing on during my practice runs. I seem to keep running half a second or so too slow and can't seem to break the 17.0 mark. Apologies for the vagueness but any tips, advice, training advice would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Reuben
hey mate! try to keep LOW when you dodge around the cones... with a low center of gravity you can get around them with a bit more ease.. also make sure you get to your feet as fast as you can!... and SPRINT your ass off!.. i was about 1/2second too slow on my first run through but the second time through i was a whole second faster than the cut off

Awesome! Thanks mate. It's been bugging me heaps because I've practiced everything else and i can get it fairly easily. It would suck to get right to the end only to have to fail the very last test. Cheers for your help donks!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

rbz78, were you at the last realistic job preview?... If you were what did you think of it?
rbz78

Post by rbz78 »

singkenten wrote:rbz78, were you at the last realistic job preview?... If you were what did you think of it?

Hey Singkenten,

Yeah I was at the Realistic Job Preview on the 23rd November. It was definately interesting and pretty informative. I actually got alot out of it. It did make me feel like I've made the right decision to try for the Police.

How do you find it?
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

I never went to one... who spoke at yours - red squad?
rbz78

Post by rbz78 »

singkenten wrote:I never went to one... who spoke at yours - red squad?
Nah, we only had the officer speak to us. The recruits weren't available to speak to us.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

rbz78 wrote:
donks wrote:
rbz78 wrote:

Awesome! Thanks mate. It's been bugging me heaps because I've practiced everything else and i can get it fairly easily. It would suck to get right to the end only to have to fail the very last test. Cheers for your help donks!
Yeh not a problem mate. Good luck with your PPE. Keep us informed of your progress also. One other thing I guess could help you out is to make sure you have decent running sneakers... I know its common sense but I guess good shoes with good grip will help out a lot on the painted concrete...

Cheers,

Donks
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

got a letter today with information about obtaining a bankruptcy search for WApol... hoping this is one of the final steps before being offered a place...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
misskate

Post by misskate »

Got my letter Today with my examination times. Seems as though the exams last a full day. Any tips or hints on how the day pans out? And how to do well?

Thanks in advance. :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

wow missed your update Donks, good to hear mate! Glad that things are progressing and hopefully it isn't long till you're wearing the blues and we're watching you strut your stuff on The Force :lol:.

Hi misskate, good to see you're also hoping for a career in blue, I can't give you any advice, but I know lots of advice has been given out and some may have been already. My suggestion is if you haven't already read through the 10 pages or so of updates/advice do so and you might find what you're after. If not by all means let us know and I'm sure Donks or somebody else going through the process will give you some advice :). Best of luck!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Thanks Tyranus. haha not sure bout strutting my stuff on the Force.. I;d rather not buy cartons of beer for everyone.... :lol: will keep you all posted on the final stages.. would love to hear how singkenten is going too. he is graduating soon i believe!

Misskate.... Im assuming you are talking about your Police Entrance Exams?

You will be given a series of exams to sit. They consist of Mathematics (number problems as well as worded problems). English (grammar and spelling) Spatial Reasoning tests and a rather large T/F questionnaire to top the day off....

each exam is given strict time limits of around 9min - 15mins to complete as much as you can... dont stress too much about this and just complete as much as you can in the time... you are only marked on what you complete!.... i know for a fact that the mathematics test is designed not to be completed 100%..

good luck and just try the best you can and you should be fine!

if you need anymore info feel free to ask!

cheers
noddy

Post by noddy »

Hi all
My mate failed his agility yesterday, does anyone know if he has to resit the whole physical or can he just do the agility.
thanks
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I would have thought that would be explained to him. I think it's also mentioned somewhere previously in this thread regarding the agility test. Failing that unless one of our members has experienced it or been briefed on it, the academy would be the place to ask.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

He has to resit the whole physical... but can do it as soon as 1 week later...
misskate

Post by misskate »

Last edited by misskate on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

misskate wrote:Hey people, I sat my PEE today. Hope I did well. :-\

Word on the campus is that there are two squads going through this month and two going through in May. Apparently if all of us (there were 20 of us today) pass our tests in the next couple of weeks we should be in by May (Said a senior sergeant at lunch in the mess). It seems they are making the application process a lot quicker also said one of the boys from Green Squad (Who graduate this Friday).

:)

All the best Kate... The exams werent that bad were they! wow if thats the case, there is still A LOT of things to complete before May! Im expecting some correspondence this week regarding if I have been selected from the pool or not...

Good Luck Kate hope you pass and get the other tests completed soon!