WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Mac

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by Mac »

Got my letter with orientation and induction dates and had uniform fitting and everything so i don't think so.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

I am still keen, but at the moment have a well paid government job, so I am taking my time :P
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Well done MAC... i got aletter this week saying i wasnt selected this time round so i have to wait until Jan 2010 selection for an April squad.. I too handed my application in back in March. good luck with it all mate!

Misskate, Yes its roughly a 12month process.. hang in there though because the wait will be worth it...

as for the process, it's as follows..:::

Send off application >> Sit a series of Police Enterance Exams (math, english ect...) >> Attend a 1-on-1 interview with WApol phsychologist >> Attend a Realistic Job Preview >> Attend Physical Performance Evaluation >> Complete a Medical and have Identifying Particulars taken >> if successful in the above you will sit in the selection pool until you get a letter offering you a position in the Academy....

good luck...

cheers
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Mac

Post by Mac »

Thanks donks,
I'd say you are looking good for the april class as you may of ony just missed out for the January intake. I finished all my assessments in May and i read you didn't till mid July so I was probably sitting in the pool for a bit longer. Anyway good luck....shouldn't be to much longer.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Thanks mate. Yeah I wasnt expecting to make it into this intake as I hadnt been in the pool that long at all.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

donks wrote: as for the process, it's as follows..:::

Send off application >> Sit a series of Police Enterance Exams (math, english ect...) >> Attend a 1-on-1 interview with WApol phsychologist >> Attend a Realistic Job Preview >> Attend Physical Performance Evaluation >> Complete a Medical and have Identifying Particulars taken >> if successful in the above you will sit in the selection pool until you get a letter offering you a position in the Academy....

good luck...

cheers
and as a heads up, it might not be in that order. my 1 0n 1 psych was one of the last things I did. so be prepared before you put your application in.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
misskate

Post by misskate »

Thanks Mac.

Can anyone offer and helpful hints on gaining entrance?
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

misskate wrote:Thanks Mac.

Can anyone offer and helpful hints on gaining entrance?

make sure you get your fitness levels up... print out the WApol fitness guide from their website. just try your best at everything! =]
misskate

Post by misskate »

Ok will do. Thanks donks and phreak. :)
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

My wife's cousin got knocked back a couple years ago. She passed everything except the psych.. saying she wasn't asserting enough. Be assertive. She got accepted about year later, so good for her.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

Mac wrote:Got my letter with orientation and induction dates and had uniform fitting and everything so i don't think so.
Congrats Mac!

The fitting at S&H makes it feel that much more real - don't you think? :lol:

I hope you went with the tactical boots :mrgreen:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ooo you get options of boots...I might have to join up :P haha Congrats though mac, and don't forget to remind us when you actually go in, and when you graduate, you never know someone might have the day off and come and watch for haunting purposes :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Wadesta

Post by Wadesta »

Hey guys, havent been on the forum since I was knocked back a while ago but thought I would come on and see if anyone else has had any progress. Well done to those who got in, congrats !

LPD, regarding your query about feedback from the recruitment staff, when I spoke to the Snr Sgt about why I was knocked back, he told me that they dont tell applicants the reason any more because in the past, they would tell the applicant what needed improvement and they would go away, improve on what they were told to improve on and re apply again. He said they would come back with huge improvements on what they were told to improve but let everything else slip.

I asked if I could come to the Academy and speak with him face to face about it rather than over the phone (being knocked back for 18 months is a big deal to me) and he said "no"

I wasnt given any feedback on my perfomance at all. Im not sure if I was knocked back simply because I just didnt rank high enough and the pool already had enough applicants in it or what. So now im just going to try to improve everything I can in the 22 job dimensions and hope for the best...

:?
rbz78

Post by rbz78 »

Hey all,

I was just wondering if any of you had any advice on how to go about passing the agility test. I'm OK with everything else. Passed the beep test on my practice runs a few times already but it's just the agility test that I keep failing on during my practice runs. I seem to keep running half a second or so too slow and can't seem to break the 17.0 mark. Apologies for the vagueness but any tips, advice, training advice would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Reuben
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

rbz78 wrote:Hey all,

I was just wondering if any of you had any advice on how to go about passing the agility test. I'm OK with everything else. Passed the beep test on my practice runs a few times already but it's just the agility test that I keep failing on during my practice runs. I seem to keep running half a second or so too slow and can't seem to break the 17.0 mark. Apologies for the vagueness but any tips, advice, training advice would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Reuben
hey mate! try to keep LOW when you dodge around the cones... with a low center of gravity you can get around them with a bit more ease.. also make sure you get to your feet as fast as you can!... and SPRINT your ass off!.. i was about 1/2second too slow on my first run through but the second time through i was a whole second faster than the cut off