WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by singkenten »

Yeah, when I went and spoke to the recruiting staff, they said that it was the extra component that was needed to fulfill the requirements that were previously filled by the obstacle course. Apparently the WAPOL doctors only just signed off on the agility test, hence its late inclusion.

Originally they were only going to get us to complete the agility test before we are due to start in June, however going on the information I have now received it appears that we will have to resit all stages of the PPE, before we begin at the academy.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

re sit your whole PPE? that has gotta suck, especially having to get to 10.1 again
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

yeah thats alright, did it just eight weeks ago... luckily I dont find it to difficult, but yeah I know there will probably be a lot of guys who probably wont be stoked about having to run a beep test on a public holiday, if it is the case that it all has to be redone... I would have to guess that there wont be too many people blow it at the last hurdle...
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Hey all...

Today I had to sit my P.E.E. I thought it was going to be a whole lot harder than it was however the time limit given on some tests was a joke!

Also wasnt to keen on finishing the day with a 567 True or False questionnaire... that was painful!

If anyone else is thinking about joining then I must recommend you get your hands on the Police Tutoring material from PARAGON TRAINING.... It helped me out a whole lot!!!!

PARAGON TRAINING POLICE PACK
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
trent

Post by trent »

http://www.resumedesign.com.au/course_police_wa.html

Is also good, and cheaper than Paragon.
This is my signature, get you own!
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Good luck to all of you, why dont some of you get together on a weekend and practice things like the beep test etc.

I also used Paragon Corporate Training and would highly recommend their products and services!!!
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

d-day tomorrow.... final PPE before acception in june... otherwise a long wait.... pressure?
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Got the letter today to say I have passed the Police Entrance Evaluation.. :D :D :D

am booked in to do my P.P.E on June 20th!
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Passed... Get sworn in on the 26th June, go get my uniform next week... so relieved...

Also the agility test is really quite easy...
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Congratulations Singkenten!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Well done Singkenten! awesome to hear! i've just done another practice beep test tonight and by looks of things the PPE shouldnt be a problem.

I have been told that the Psychological interview is reallllly intense?!? can you confirm this Singkenten??

Cheers
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Last edited by singkenten on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent

Post by trent »

I don't think that it's a good idea to give an insight into the PI on a puplic forum Singkenten. I doubt that recruitment would be very impressed with the discussion at hand.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

trent wrote:I don't think that it's a good idea to give an insight into the PI on a puplic forum Singkenten. I doubt that recruitment would be very impressed with the discussion at hand.

get real buddy. Why do you have to be so self righteous? Almost makes my stomach churn. I don't think him saying, yeah it was rough etc.. will really open up any big state secrets.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
trent

Post by trent »

Woobla, you are entiltled to your own opinion and I suggest you don't turn this into/ nor am I interested in an online argument, you don't know me and I don't know you, but Singkenten's comments were not simply saying that the PI was 'rough'. (Don't take this as a personal attack Singkenten)

Those who have gone through Police testing would be well aware of the confidentiality requirements put forward by recruitment and are expected to abide by that.