WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Bee Two

Re: WAPol aplication process

Post by Bee Two »

Sounds like I've got the exact same times as you BF. From what I can gather from reading through this thread, is that you do get more than one chance to re book anther test but you have to do the whole thing again. I won't be hard to pick at the fitness test, I'll be the guy that was killing the beep test at the start of December but after 6 weeks in a knee brace will be absolutely struggling, this week is my first week of running after getting a full clearance, but since I'm over 30 9.1 is a pass so if I can throw a couple more on that I'll be happy, it's only 9 minutes.
Bee Two

Post by Bee Two »

I had my psych interview yesterday & it's left me feeling not to confident about my chances as I got absolutely grilled about everything I'd ever done, even a Neg driving from 18 years ago & an offensive behavior from 20 years ago and these things are spoken about like I did them last week. I felt like my interviewer was trying to get me to take the bait or fall to pieces. It was definitely an attacking style of interview, I walked in telling myself would be in the accaddamy this year & walked out feeling like crap. I've been told this is normal. I can't let it get to me to much as I've got my fitness test next week i hope it's not another day off work only to get a knock back from the psych
sezza

Post by sezza »

Hey, dont worry too much - if you were honest you'll be fine. Everyone comes out feeling negative. Just wait and see. Don't give up the dream.
JelloBello

Post by JelloBello »

Got a letter this week, I've been offered a place in the March 26th intake, uniform fitting this week. Super excited and can't wait to start at the academy!

Bee Two, like sezza said if you were honest it shouldn't be an issue. Especially since they were so freaking long ago, I was only 4 when you were driving around negligently! :P Let us know how the physical goes. Hope your knee holds up okay.
Bee Two

Post by Bee Two »

Congrats on the March intake. I already did my fitness test on Monday & smashed it to pieces, I thought it was all pretty basic stuff, but I was suprized at how many people failed (almost half) some people looked like they hadn't done any training at all & others just got unlucky with a slip or a cramp at the wrong time & some even failed the sit up I just couldn't believe it. At the job preview we got told that march was full & there would be 2 classes in June & 2 in July. Also I've got a little bit more "life experience" than a couple 1991 tragic fines, it was a 2006 offensive behavior that I got dragged over the coals about because my details of the event & the police details are slightly different, I've got the first hand version & she had the drunk witness version. I also got chewed out about a couple of small speeding fines over the last 2 years. It was a very hard interview to read, one minute she had me thinking I was no chance then the next she was telling me I wouldn't make the march intake but probably the June July intake, man she was a cranky lady. I was also told it would take about 6 weeks to get the final decision from the interview (does this sound about right)
snowpatrol

Post by snowpatrol »

Hey everyone I'm a first time user. Just wondering does anyone have advice on good websites to practice the written test? I've recieved the Vera Joosten book recommended and it's a good read. I've done the wapol and other state police practice tests and they seem pretty easy...just seeing if anyone has any other ideas/tips. I'm looking at sending my application in the next few weeks.

Cheers hope to be joining you all soon.
Bluefalcon

Post by Bluefalcon »

Hey Guys, I passed my physical this morning so thats the final hurdle for me now, just got to play the waiting game. I had my interview in February and have not heard back from that yet (which I hope is a good thing :) ) Seems quite a few applicants are in the same boat.

For anyone thats attempting the physical soon, I found a really good resource "Prime motion fitness training" - www.primemotionfitness.com.au

I purchased the illinois agility test book which you download as a PDF and contains heaps of tips, technique videos and training ideas. Theres a few different books for each component of the physical.

Fingers crossed :)

Blue Falcon