New Rule for VKI

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

New Rule for VKI

Post by radiohead »

Hey :)

I heard VKI say that as of today they aren't allowed to broadcast complainants phone numbers on air to the vehicles receiving the job.
Without a doubt, it keeps VKI under even more pressure to do 100 things at once because they have to ring the cars to give them the number.

However, I reckon it is a good idea as far as protecting people's privacy goes. I've often wondered if people realise their details will be broadcasted on air to anyone who's listening.
I think you must have to specifically ask not have your details broadcasted on air if you call them about something because they don't ask you when you report something...

Hmm *scratches head*..... :wink:
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

I havent heard that and im still hearing camplainers phone numbers on the air from the VKI
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Several weeks ago I heard VKI say they wearnt allowed to broadcast complainants telephone numbers over the air anymore. But a day or 2 later they started broadcasting them over air. Yesterday morning I heard vki broadcast one police officers work mobile numbers over the air to another officer wich I hyave never heard him do before. Wonder why they have changed the rules again. I think it is a good rulle tho but it does make it harder for vki
hitman

Post by hitman »

At the end of the day, I don't see a huge deal with broadcasting someones phone number over the air if it is police business. Like most they have a job to do... and need all the help they can get.

I have heard VKI broadcast mobile phone numbers of other police officers over the air before several times. Still not entirely sure if I agree with this though. It has always been authorised by the police officer who owns the number so I guess if it doesn't bother them then so be it.

Perhaps VKI was annoyed and decided to be a prat on air about it? Who knows.
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

Hey Ive heard them say all sorts of numbers all the time.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

I think there's also a list of mobile numbers kept at VKI because I've heard on more than one occasion a car saying something along the lines of "Can you give us that info over the phone - you should have the number on your list under XXX Station"
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.