Concept police cruiser

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Concept police cruiser

Post by robbage »

Concept police cruiser http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-N ... ds/1$44078

Details are sketchy but turbo diesel, aluminium frame, radiation and biological threat detectors, built in licence detectors and over 70 customisable options. And not a Ford.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Concept police cruiser

Post by vk6hgr »

It looks like the evil transformer from the movie... :smt037
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Concept police cruiser

Post by Blinky »

and here is a video about the Carbon E7 - AKA the evil transformer from the movie :wink:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zbI3xXlF1Z0

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=yJEvmxv2TUk

and in this one someone else also thought of the transformers movie as this has the background music of Linkin Park (from the movie).

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=v8514qIT2dA

but can it withstand a roo?

:D
Last edited by Blinky on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

or handbrake failures
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
WAPOLuke

Post by WAPOLuke »

Hopefully one of those 70+ customisable options allows for the rear to be turned into a secure 'cell', like they VZ's had before they were decomissioned.

Someone needs to designs a new secure cell to fit the VE's and XT's.

The Ford and Rodeo van's can't be relied on.. they are useless.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Luke, Can't they build the secure pods into the BA- BF Falcons either?

I wonder if they will be able to put them into the new FG Falcon....
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

Its a weird thing about the cages/pods, I dont know how it is in WA, but i think that you guys have the same cages as us here in NSW. They are called STOP (Secure Transport of Offender Partition). My understanding was that they were developed and designed by Holden to fit in VT/VX/VY/VX model commodores. Here in NSW we only ever had caged Holden Commodore Sedans for this reason. There was never any caged falcon sedans. I dont know if WAPOL had caged Falcons???

With the new VE's, the cages dont fit into them due to an issue with the side airbags. What NSW decided to do was purchase a shitload of VZ Station Wagons whilst they were still in production and fitted the cages to them. Only a few weeks ago we started to see BF Falcon S/W's fitted with the Holden cages/pods. I dunno how they got them to fit the falcon as both veh's are totally different shapes but anyway. we are now being issued flacon S/W with cages until they run out....then we presumably will no longer have caged sedans, as I presume neither will WAPOL.

We have Juvenile Justice here, who often convey juvenile custody's. They have two VE's that I know of with the exact same cages/pods as fitted to the VZ's. So they obviously fit into them, and Juvenile Justice has just chosen to ignore the isues relating to the side airbags.

Finally, the STOP cages.pods are not the only ones available. Here in Newcastle they have a company called Varley, they currently supply NSW Police and QLD Police with weird looking white cages that look dicky but definately improve the handling characteristics of the rodeo/triton/ranger etc. They have no hanging points, dual doors, better lighting and no way to conceal items. they look crap but do their job well. This company also makes partitions for the Police Sedan and only supply them QLD as Im aware. They fit both VZ Commodores and BF falcons. They are made in defferent sizes to fit but generally appear the same. This company now makes them for FG falcons and VE commodores. I have seen them fitted to both. The bad thing is that the one in the VE's in QLD have the side missing to allow for the airbag to deply. Obviously crocks can spit, throw faeces, piss, and reach through, making the barriers useless.

If WA is serious about keeping caged sedans, they may want to look at Varley to fit them??? Or they can just install them in the VE's and ignore issues relating to the airbags but i seriously doubt it. They would be criticised under OH&S.

Just thought i'd share that info with you all.

Regards,

Steve.
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I was under the impression only the front seats get side airbags and they're built into the seats thus if you removed the seats you'd remove the requirement for side airbags??...
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

Not sure, I have been told that the airbags are in the pillars themselves. I dunno how they are supposed to deploy but anyways. That info was from other NSW Police Officer's who are also not happy about the loss of the caged sedan. It would also make sense given the cages in QLD have the side cut out near he side pillars. I could be wrong cause Im not an expert on cars and we dont have any VE's at our Command as yet so I havent really seen inside of one. Our neighbouring Command has two. We did have one but we let a female drive it ..... WRITTEN OFF! It only lasted few weeks. We will have to wait until the Falcon S/W's run out now befor we see them here.

Cheers,

Steve.
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Probably to do with the side curtain airbags that are fitted to some Falcons/Commodores.