The FORCE!!

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

SteveNSWP

The FORCE!!

Post by SteveNSWP »

Just a quick question,

We have the force filming at our station on Wednesday. Obviously a few of us are very uneasy about it. What do they normally? They are going out with aGeneral Duties car crew and the officers on that crew are not happy. There have been several others that have pulled out.

I know some will say to relax because they are not that intrusive but none of us want to be on TV and we are concerned that we may say things that end up on TV that are inappropriate.

Can the officers on the crew refuse to be filmed or recorded. What does the film crew do (how many are in the car, do they talk, wat are they looking for etc). Is there any sensorship ie the tape gets veiwed by NSW Police prior to release of any footage etc.

Thanks for your replies.

Steve.
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I think the only person that could answer these questions with any certainty is Walks as he's our current The Force star.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

they hve 4x4 car following behind you. they have guy in back seat with lil cam corder asking you heaps questions while driving..

it abit like "cops" show but with force it edited and check by police boss and many more.

they following one group each fornight. like trg was followed for 2 weeks . k9 for 2 weeks and etc......
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

I cant see how you cant get out of it, just do boring stuff all day if you can like show them how to log arrest reports etc.. :D.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

You don't have to participate and can sign a waiver to say you don't want to be filmed/identified in any resulting edits.

As has been said, one rides with the patrol (both mic'd up) and two in a 'follow' car (camera and sound dude).

The crews I have worked with are very professional and basically film you doing your job. In WA there are rules to be abided by (agreement between chan 7 and WAPOL) and you should have a copy of those prior to going out on patrol so you know what they and you can or can't do.

Edits of stories are sent to Media Section to be previewed/approved prior to a final edit and resulting broadcast.

The show is very pro police and want to promote 'the job' in a good light and not embarass anyone AKA 'Cop It Sweet' style (ABC).

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

Cheers for the replies guy's.

I will let my mate know. Should ease his mind a little bit. There's rumour going around that a couple of Sydney Coppers were fired over remarks made on camera. I doubt the rumours are true, but in this job saying the wrong thing could mean ur job, especially in this day and age where everything is Polictical.

Thanks again guys!

Steve.
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
Beekay

Post by Beekay »

:D Hi Steve
Enjoy your job mate.
We enjoy watching the program here on TV1 in NZ.
There are some minor differences between policing here in NZ and your area.
I haven't been involved in law enforcement since I retired in 1984 but the adrenalin stll goes when the program runs.
Have fun. Give my regards to all the good ones !
Beekay
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Beekay wrote::D Hi Steve
Enjoy your job mate.
We enjoy watching the program here on TV1 in NZ.
There are some minor differences between policing here in NZ and your area.
I haven't been involved in law enforcement since I retired in 1984 but the adrenalin stll goes when the program runs.
Have fun. Give my regards to all the good ones !
Beekay
Hi Beekay.

Interested to know some of the differences in NZ compared to here. Could you possibly write a few, would be interested to know :D.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Spotted 'The Force' tonight. they are following Murdoch Detectives tonight. Saw them pulled over behind a van on leach hwy, Myaree...

i went to get some petrol at the BP next to mcdonalds and they pulled in to get paddle pops. lol

had a quick chat to the sound guy and told them they did a great job and all that...

=]
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Beekay

Post by Beekay »

Hi Beekay.

Interested to know some of the differences in NZ compared to here. Could you possibly write a few, would be interested to know :D.[/quote]

It's been 24 yrs since I was in uniform mate. Many many changes here in NZ (can't kick ass any more !).It seems too PC for my liking.
For me to list differences between Aus and NZ styles of policing is an impossible task. I would have had to have involvement in both countries.
I'll stick to my scanner and the TV shows to get my kicks !!

Have fun
Beekay
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

donks wrote:Spotted 'The Force' tonight. they are following Murdoch Detectives tonight. Saw them pulled over behind a van on leach hwy, Myaree...
They have been working out of SE Metro for the past couple of months now...

Cheers, CC 8)
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

ConstableCare wrote:
donks wrote:Spotted 'The Force' tonight. they are following Murdoch Detectives tonight. Saw them pulled over behind a van on leach hwy, Myaree...

Cheers, CC 8)
why bcoz all crime happen there? :idea:
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

playworth wrote:
ConstableCare wrote:

Cheers, CC 8)
No, Because all the white trash lives down there... and the caravan parks have all the action.

Though i did see The Force filming on wanneroo rd in wangara area, the were with UQ???, had a MC rider pulled over
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

nra555 wrote:
playworth wrote:
ConstableCare wrote: They have been working out of SE Metro for the past couple of months now...

Cheers, CC 8)
No, Because all the white trash lives down there... and the caravan parks have all the action.

Though i did see The Force filming on wanneroo rd in wangara area, the were with UQ???, had a MC rider pulled over
LOL... well theres white trash everywhere mate.. not just south of the swan....
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
eswife

Post by eswife »

The Force were filming last Saturday night at an out of control party in Morley....