Entrance Questions

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Entrance Questions

Post by woobla1 »

Hi guys

just wondering from ppl who have 'stepped forward' or more to the point ran 10.1 on the beep test forward some specifics.

1. When they give you a date for physical can it be put off, or postponed? if so how long ? (Say I have an ankle injury)

2. Do you know if flat feet are an inhibitor? If you have right shoes etc.

3. Where is the physical conducted ? e.g if its in a hot gym on a 40c day I can perhaps do some prep work for it?.

Thats about it for now. :D Thankyou.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

just to laugh at that question. my bet is number 3 :)
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

playworth wrote:just to laugh at that question. my bet is number 3 :)
mine too, but anyone who has done would appreciate your info :D.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I don't see why It can't be postponed, they let people come back about a week after if they don't get it the first time. The one about flat feet I've no idea about, and they conduct the physical in a smallish gym at the Academy with lines specifically painted for the test, I made the mistake of wearing track pants on a freezing day, then going in and doing it, never again!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

you are able to defer your physical for as long as you require. I put mine back for three weeks due to injury without issue. Flat feet should be no reason not to reach 10.1. The beep test isn't a 'true' beep test either as there are safe lines marked so you are permitted to fall short, it just means you need to make the next beep. As said before the beep test is in a small gym. They also have two industrial fans going while you run. Also don't be too quick to gloss over the other elements of the physical. In the group I was in 18 started - 3 were out at the sit-up, 9 out on the beep test, 1 out on the blank fire, and 2 more out on the strength element, which left just 3 of us.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

singkenten wrote:you are able to defer your physical for as long as you require. I put mine back for three weeks due to injury without issue. Flat feet should be no reason not to reach 10.1. The beep test isn't a 'true' beep test either as there are safe lines marked so you are permitted to fall short, it just means you need to make the next beep. As said before the beep test is in a small gym. They also have two industrial fans going while you run. Also don't be too quick to gloss over the other elements of the physical. In the group I was in 18 started - 3 were out at the sit-up, 9 out on the beep test, 1 out on the blank fire, and 2 more out on the strength element, which left just 3 of us.
Thank you. So do they then run physicals like every week? Sounds like a lot of people apply if they are weekly.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

yeah physicals are held every Monday. Not so much a lot of applicants, more just a lot of very unfit applicants - there were only about 5 of us doing it for the first time!