Police Officer Cleared

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

HM-106

Post by HM-106 »

Its good to hear other peoples opinion about situations like these.

It goes to show you that Policing is one of the most danagerous jobs anyone can face. Situations where a officer has to pull his gun is a rare occurance.

Like what CHEV said, the Officer was deemed that he used appropriate force to stop the threat, unfortunately, to stop the threat he had to take a life. I am sure that this officer is still being counselled over the incident and not on the frontline from the injuries and pshyological damaged this incident has brought about.

Knifes can inflict serious and potentially fatal wounds. The use of the service pistol is certainly warranted.

I can only imagine what was going through the officers mind when he shot him.

Policing is the most popular spectating sport. People will have their opinions and objections.

In the end, the officer is safe and was able to go home to his family.
HM-106 now Y?201/202/101.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

HM-106 wrote:In the end, the officer is safe and was able to go home to his family.
I don't want to appear harsh or insensitive, but I value that statement above more than "they should have done X".

From what I can gather based on news reports, the officer feared for his life, and took action based on his training and the laws of the land.

I think the outcome of the coronial inquest was inevitable, to be honest.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

We don't know the whole truth... we didn't see it, we weren't there and we didn't attend all of the court sessions. All we know is what the media, who are keen to give us a two minute summary of what went on, feed us. It is pointless, possibly foolhardy, to say "he should have done this" or "he shouldn't have done that".

Unless you know the whole truth about the situation, or ANY situation, it's not wise to make comments on what you think should have been done.

[/rant]
snapperv10

Post by snapperv10 »

At the risk of starting a fight, you people that say you disagree with the Coroner and say Police shouldn't have shot the guy are total fools! What you are really saying is that it is ok to stab a Police Officer. Just read that a few times and let it sink in. When I think of a person I know whose farther gave his own life as a Police Officer to protect people like you, it makes me sick to my stomach. Granted, we will never know all the facts, but wise up- if an Officer feels he needs to shoot someone, its pretty darn serious.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

snapperv10 wrote:At the risk of starting a fight, you people that say you disagree with the Coroner and say Police shouldn't have shot the guy are total fools! What you are really saying is that it is ok to stab a Police Officer. Just read that a few times and let it sink in. When I think of a person I know whose farther gave his own life as a Police Officer to protect people like you, it makes me sick to my stomach. Granted, we will never know all the facts, but wise up- if an Officer feels he needs to shoot someone, its pretty darn serious.
Your the fool. Nobody suggested that it was right to stab the officer. Just remember, people are judged not by what happens to them but how they choose to react to the situation.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

"Just remember, people are judged not by what happens to them but how they choose to react to the situation."

Exactly........which is what has happened in this incident. I don't plan to enter into any of the debate here about what if's or comment on people's personal opinion but what I will say and backed by a legal finding is that he reacted exactly as his training taught him to do.

JJ whilst on the topic be very careful on how you present a thread. If you are giving a personal opinion and seeking debate not a problem, part of what makes the net great. However if you post something that is not factually correct and you set about posting what could arguably be considered, defamatory comments based on that false presumption you risk landing yourself and all your assets (probably mum and dads) in hot water.
Let me make it clear. I am not opposing your right to have your view but the title of the thread "Police Officer Aquitted (sic)" is false and misleading and you may want to consider acknowledging the misrepresentation that the police officer was charged with an offence.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

CHEV4EVR wrote: JJ whilst on the topic be very careful on how you present a thread. If you are giving a personal opinion and seeking debate not a problem, part of what makes the net great. However if you post something that is not factually correct and you set about posting what could arguably be considered, defamatory comments based on that false presumption you risk landing yourself and all your assets (probably mum and dads) in hot water.
Let me make it clear. I am not opposing your right to have your view but the title of the thread "Police Officer Aquitted (sic)" is false and misleading and you may want to consider acknowledging the misrepresentation that the police officer was charged with an offence.
100% agree
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

I remember reading a comment on here a while ago... something along the lines of "two to the chest in anyone's books"

Truer words were never spoken.
BLiNG

Re: shots

Post by BLiNG »

jasonjag wrote:I feel so sorry for the family and the poor victim.
I think the word you are looking for here is suspect, not victim.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

It doesn't matter how a situation is portrayed, and when it is decided there are always people that find the negative in what the police do.

Some people like JJ & tt obviously have a bone to grind with the police regardless of what the facts were.

Just next time you do how about adding some 'real' objective debate and sensible comments instead of the usual anti establishment/police rheotoric (sp?) that is constantly braught up by anarchists and loonies in the media?. You might find people respond a bit less agressively if you develop an argument and research what you say.

I have not even read about this 'incident' in the media because I find the commercial media pathetic to listen to. I was just responding to the subsequent comments so please excuse me calling it a trial or what ever as I didn't know if it was one or not. Just giving my opinion on someone elses comments.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

woobla1 wrote:It doesn't matter how a situation is portrayed, and when it is decided there are always people that find the negative in what the police do.

Some people like JJ & tt obviously have a bone to grind with the police regardless of what the facts were.

Just next time you do how about adding some 'real' objective debate and sensible comments instead of the usual anti establishment/police rheotoric (sp?) that is constantly braught up by anarchists and loonies in the media?.
I am sorry that you find the comment "Like denying a dying man access to a doctor who was waiting at the gate asking to be let in?????????" not real.
Perhaps you live some land far detached from the reality that the rest of us know.

Of course it is hard to have faith in a police force which promoted two officers to assistant commissioners, which have since been stood aside for their role in wrongfully sending a man to jail for 12 years, despite the efforts of those officers who act in good faith.

You never know which type is behind each uniform.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Toottoot wrote:You never know which type is behind each uniform.
So then we should just judge the 3000+ WA members as lying dogs who shoot people down in the street for giggles? for the sake of a possible couple of bad apples ?

Works for me.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Or which type of perp your chasing in a vehicle then into a yard, through a house, around a pool and then stabs you.....
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

and then shot him and then deny him CPR.:)
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

woobla1 wrote:
So then we should just judge the 3000+ WA members as lying dogs who shoot people down in the street for giggles? for the sake of a possible couple of bad apples ?

Works for me.
Well you must expect that if a team is being led by people displaying potentially corrupt behaviour, that is leading by example, that those who follow are only as good as the standards set for them. There are allegedly more than just two bad eggs in the force.