Police Officer Cleared

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

Speaking as a Police officer, we are thrown into dangerous and critical situations on a dialy basis, with no more training and education than the regular person.

Yes we are trained to defend ourselves, but we are not trained in pshycology, medicine, dispute resolution, and we are not mental health experts, mediators or councellors. We attend jobs with the nine months training we received from the academy (hardly enough) and attempt to solve the problem/crime/issue the best way that we can.

The problem is that the media and civil libertarians would have you believe that we are superhumans that are unfaultable. They would also have you believe that we are all corrupt and just drive around everyday waiting for the opportunity to shoot some poor inncoent person for nothing more than walking down the street. When the shit hits the fan, we have seconds to make a decision based on what we think is right. Everyone else has days/weeks/months/years to pick that decision to peices and decide what we should have or could have done better. Life would be mush easier with the benefit of foresight!

Without knowing the specifics of this case, I can say that I will always support my borthers in blue, despite media reports and the uniformed opinion of others.

I guarentee you that the copper is at home right now bashing himself over what he did and didn't do, and what else he could have done to prevent what occurred. We dont need to help him out by questioning his actions on a public forum.

By all means have your opinon, but unless you were there then who do you think you are to challange or debate the actions of a police officer who has already been cleared by a coronor, who has had the benefit of seeing all the factual information.

It is disheartening that so many people feel the need to question the officers use of force, and to make off hand comments about what he could have done better. A situation where a person has stabbed you and is still attacking you with a knife, is a very real and deadly threat. From the sounds of it, it was either the officer or the POI, and I know who i'd pick to survive!

There are a few people on here who have spoken a lot of sense in regards to assumptions made by those who werent there! I'm sure that most serving Police who read those post would be gratified that there are those in the community who are intelligent and educated enough to see that what is portrayed in the media is not always fact! Thankyou for your understanding.

I hope the officer recovers physically and mentally. I feel for the family who have lost their son, no one should ever have to experience that!

Steve.
There's no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people!
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Cops get attcked by offender with 1 officer stabbed. Officer fires weapon to protect himself. Offender dies from his own action. Glad the officer was proven to be doing the right thing. Let's not forget that this officer has a family as well.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Thanks for those comments stevenswp.

In some peoples mind he (the officer) was dirty, judged at birth. Before his parents even conceived of having him. That is what some people like TT, and the rest believe and no amount of real world fact will ever change that. Some people are just born losers.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
musketeer

attacks on public officers need to be stopped

Post by musketeer »

Walk a mile in a policemans shoes before you judge him. I am married to one and if he has to use his service issue to come home to the children and myself at the end of a shift, then so be it.
SN

Post by SN »

Those of you who judge the officers actions don't have a clue of what happened or what it is like to be in that situation.

Leave your uninformed opinions for another forum.

The media reporting of this case was so biased it was not funny, in fact a couple of journos reporting on it were told to pull their heads in due to the rubbish they reported.

The officer involved did not wake up that morning thinking I'll shoot some one today, anyone.

Don't sprout off "he could have been disarmed or should have been treated different because he was mentally ill".

I know for a fact the officers involved left their crystal balls at home that day so they could not foresee that he was mentally ill.

Want to crictise them fine, that your right ... the Police won't come for you in the night for speaking your mind, unlike other countries

...and remember kiddies ... never bring a knife to a gun fight. Taser or no Taser I'd use a bullet(s) to stop the threat.