w.a police and transit guards

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

bradley

w.a police and transit guards

Post by bradley »

i heard the other night a transit car telling shift commander they where off at freo lock up and tonight i heard them say off at perth watch house,does any one know wat goes on here do they play the same roll as police when they get there or do they just hand them over to the police.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

yep and it goes to court as well.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
bradley

Post by bradley »

SO WHAT THEY DO ALL THE FINGER PRINTING AND THAT STUFF. :D
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

nope. they give paper work. to watch house and they lock them up.charged with watever u did. at same time u do what u just meantion.

and go to court. ive seeen alot transit guards going to court
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

they have limited powers of arrest, and can prosecute under the PTA act plus they can utilise small parts of other legislation. I suggest your read the pta act for further info
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

GC101 wrote:they have limited powers of arrest, and can prosecute under the PTA act plus they can utilise small parts of other legislation. I suggest your read the pta act for further info
Someone hit the nail on the head. Limited powers of arrest, GC101 is talking about Crim Code. Transit Officers pretty much deal with anti social behavior, Disorderly Conduct and Trespass. All of which are covered under a variety of legislation from the PTA, GRA, Crim Code, Mental Health, Young Offenders and other related Acts.

Also they have WAPOL special constable who are empowered to deal with certain other legislation that Transit Officers cannot deal with. IE drugs.

PRU are an important part of the entire set up, they deal with assault, weapons, drugs and serious damage.

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/st ... epage.html <--- PTA act that GC101 was referring to.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

in terms of actual usefullness the police prevail.

In terms of who pulls off the biggest waste of tax payer money for a very minimal level of 'security' then I let you guess who that is.

a hint?? ok they ride on trains and barely speak english.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

woobla1 wrote:in terms of actual usefullness the police prevail.

In terms of who pulls off the biggest waste of tax payer money for a very minimal level of 'security' then I let you guess who that is.

Would you rather having less police on the beat and have them sitting on trains all day, or would you rather someone who is less qualified doing that job?

Could you imagine how many police would be left on the streets of Perth if they had to staff the trains as well? There's already not enough police officers...I think the transit guards do a good job and they put up with a lot of crap.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

wonder what happen if any transit guards having got approval in putting there name down wen they all walk to joondalup for that strike.was seen on channel 10 last month.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Woobla for someone that wants to join the Police one day it might pay to do your research before you make unfounded comments.

Transit Officers do a great job on the trains with the limited resources and powers that they have at their disposal, allot of people dont give them credit because they simply dont see them enough or have a bad experience with them when they dont have a ticket, concession card etc.

I hope your not comparing the Chubb Security Officers with the Transit Officers either, because that would be like comparing apples and oranges.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Well they do wear big badges on their sleeves saying "Revenue Protection" so it seems that they are not there primarily to look after the passengers.

Unless their brief is to look after the passengers enough to allow them to get out alive and thus return to spend more money using the train.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

dazla wrote:

Woobla for someone that wants to join the Police one day it might pay to do your research before you make unfounded comments.

Transit Officers do a great job on the trains with the limited resources and powers that they have at their disposal, allot of people dont give them credit because they simply dont see them enough or have a bad experience with them when they dont have a ticket, concession card etc.

I hope your not comparing the Chubb Security Officers with the Transit Officers either, because that would be like comparing apples and oranges.
There is nothing unfounded about my comments. They are well researched views that I have experienced first hand riding on trains almost daily for about 5 years.

And hell I don't blame the transits for being 'incognito' when trouble happens because alls they have is pepper spray and batons and probably not enough of them to do the job safely.

I wont say anymore as I have been 'warned' by site admin.. because of the many transits that are members of this site. It hurties their feelings too much.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I have only ever had good experiences with the transit guards. After attending the Black Crusade - Trivium, Machine Head and Arch Enemy there were plenty of intoxicated people riding on the trains. One person on the midland line wasn't being abusive but was acting up to an extent. I felt the Transit guard handled him very well, to the point when we got off at Midland and walked past him I told him "Well handled." and the person behind me clearly said, "agreed". I have never had any problem with them, with their english or anything else.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Until you've done the job yourself you really have no idea what a day in the life of a Transit Officer is like.

I think IT guys just sit around in the office and play games all day, but that's probably not what they do.......how would I know.......I don't work in IT.

Its not about feelings mate, its about people making statements that they cant backup with facts.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

dazla wrote: I think IT guys just sit around in the office and play games all day, but that's probably not what they do.......how would I know.......I don't work in IT.
errrrr...*whistles quietly and walks away slowly looking innocent*:lol:
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.