w.a police and transit guards

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

The FACT is, the job needs to be done, and without them the train system would turn to , People hate cops and transit guards because when they break the law they get punished and if they get let off then the cop/transit guard then becomes a dumbass, sure they might decide to be a about it, but if they didnt break the law then they wouldnt need to deal with them 90% of the time.

people spit on and abuse and bash cops every day, but when theres a maniac running around with a gun, their often the first people to ring the police, you dont see the tuff men that spit on cops going into battle then do you?

they do the job, and cop the despite the fact their insulted by the government every payday, but i guess its easy to critasize when your not in their shoes isnt it?
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

how about this example.

i saw bike doing burn out. so i get on the phone BUt i saw the police two mike bikes that pulled over two cars. so i do U turn where sigh said NO
u-turn and i flash my headlights 2 them. to tell him but instead. He gives me ticket worth 100BUX.

is that fair.. that not community policing?
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Sounds like a fair cop to me (pardon the pun)... you broke the law twice... you do the crime, you pay the fine. (or do the time)
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

playworth wrote:how about this example.

i saw bike doing burn out. so i get on the phone BUt i saw the police two mike bikes that pulled over two cars. so i do U turn where sigh said NO
u-turn and i flash my headlights 2 them. to tell him but instead. He gives me ticket worth 100BUX.

is that fair.. that not community policing?
Well also I mean I think a bit of common sense. A car doing a u-turn then flashing their lights at me better be an emergency?. And obviously wouldn't drop everything to chase after a bike that's long gone. They don't call them road Nazi's for nothing :P.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re:

Post by Cloverfield »

woobla1 wrote:in terms of actual usefullness the police prevail.

In terms of who pulls off the biggest waste of tax payer money for a very minimal level of 'security' then I let you guess who that is.

a hint?? ok they ride on trains and barely speak english.
They are Revenue Protection mate, not Transit Officers
Toottoot wrote:Well they do wear big badges on their sleeves saying "Revenue Protection" so it seems that they are not there primarily to look after the passengers.

Unless their brief is to look after the passengers enough to allow them to get out alive and thus return to spend more money using the train.
Yeah, they are not Transit Officers, they are MSS/CHUBB guards. they look alike but don't have the ability to do anything other then request your name.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: w.a police and transit guards

Post by Zebedee »

Don't bump old posts.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.