Mystery Helicopter Identified

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Mystery Helicopter Identified

Post by Turbo »

MEDIA RELEASE

In response to numerous media inquiries about a helicopter hovering over the Maylands area. It is NOT a WA Police aircraft. The Jet Ranger helicopter is on charter from Heliwest conducting an aerial traffic survey of an intersection on behalf of Main Roads.

End Release
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i tho would of been to check the power poles.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
jasonjag
Banned

power poles

Post by jasonjag »

playworth wrote:i tho would of been to check the power poles.
Last edited by jasonjag on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Re: power poles

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag wrote:
why would they be checking power poles at 1500 ft ??
Who said it was 1500 feet? Thermal checks can be done from the air.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

Toottoot wrote:
jasonjag wrote:
Last edited by jasonjag on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag wrote:
Toottoot wrote:
jasonjag wrote: why would they be checking power poles at 1500 ft ??
You are right there "Tootoot", That can be done if that's what they were doing, but not according to original post, read it.
I asked "playworth" why would they be checking power poles, when nothing was quoted about that, in the original post, and then I just quoted the minimun flight level over any built up area, is 1500 ft.
playworth stated that he thought the helicopter was there for a different reason - being that of aerial power line inspections, contrary to why the helicopter was indeed there as indicated in the original post. If you read his post you will be able to see this.

You then asked why the helicopter would be performing aerial power line checks, to which the answer could possibly have been for a thermal investigation.

People often attribute the wrong meaning to occurrences that they observe. There is nothing wrong in someone admitting that they thought otherwise.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

jasonjag wrote:
im not western power jerk so i wouldnt know.BUT....

i did read in my local paper and that western power do go out and hire choppers and check power poles. and so forward. and they give warning to member of the public about chopper hanging between times of blah blah lalaala

hope this answer your question sunshine
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i rest my care toottoot.thank for explaining it mate.

cheers for your time
Urshtnme

Post by Urshtnme »

Jesus, how old are you guys!!!
Urshtnme

Re: Mystery Helicopter Identified

Post by Urshtnme »

Turbo wrote:MEDIA RELEASE

In response to numerous media inquiries about a helicopter hovering over the Maylands area. It is NOT a WA Police aircraft. The Jet Ranger helicopter is on charter from Heliwest conducting an aerial traffic survey of an intersection on behalf of Main Roads.

End Release
I'm trying to figure out where "checking power poles" came from. I can clearly see that it was for an aerial traffic survey as quoted by Turbo.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

Urshtnme wrote:

End Release
I'm trying to figure out where "checking power poles" came from. I can clearly see that it was for an aerial traffic survey as quoted by Turbo.
EXACTLY "Ureshtnme" that is what I have been quoting all along,,read original post. nothing to so with power poles.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

End Release
CONFIRMED BY HELIWEST, 0940 13.6.08, a phone call to Heliwest confirmed that what "Turbo" quoted is true and correct. so all this crap by others, IE. "Playworth" , "Tootoot" etc, about power poles, and thermal etc, get your facts right and dont call people names and con-concock assuming stories or facts, THE END>
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

jasonjag wrote:

End Release
CONFIRMED BY HELIWEST, 0940 13.6.08, a phone call to Heliwest confirmed that what "Turbo" quoted is true and correct. so all this crap by others, IE. "Playworth" , "Tootoot" etc, about power poles, and thermal etc, get your facts right and dont call people names and con-concock assuming stories or facts, THE END>
with you quoting this comment i believe that you didn't believe turbo post or am i reading it wrong?
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)