VKI Radio Operator ( Dispatch ) Questions

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tyson846
Scanners and Receivers: 93XLT

VKI Radio Operator ( Dispatch ) Questions

Post by Tyson846 »

what courses / qualifications do i have to take to become a wapol vki radio operator? i am very intrested in this career thanks for your help.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: VKI Radio Operator ( Dispatch ) Questions

Post by ConstableCare »

Tyson846 wrote:what courses / qualifications do i have to take to become a wapol vki radio operator? i am very intrested in this career thanks for your help.
Some basic radio operating course would be a good start - maybe a "Foundation Licence" Course? See: www.hamcollege.com.au

Also, some experience in a call-centre environment i.e. taking / making calls...

Not much else really - answer the selection criteria and go for it...

Jobs come up at: www.jobs.wa.gov.au

Cheers, CC 8)
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

it not just vki You do.also call taking and so forward
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Tyson846

Post by Tyson846 »

playworth wrote:it not just vki You do.also call taking and so forward
and you dont think i dont know that?

please do not respond to my thread if you dont have a good answer :) thanks.
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

I think you'll find it's a public thread, more than your thread, regardless of who had the first post.

Who determines what's a good answer? There's no-one screening posts to discriminate what gets posted or not. Don't you want people to reply to your inane post? You can decide what you take away with you or not - what's the point berating people for offering you information that you may or may not have had. Appreciate the giving of it.

Well, disregard my post because it doesn't supply you with the 'good answer' that you decided you could decree as being a prerequisite for responding.

Or how about, 'Please do not post if you can't handle responses you don't want'? Since apparently now we can place conditions, there's mine.
Tyson846

Post by Tyson846 »

herrgott wrote:I think you'll find it's a public thread, more than your thread, regardless of who had the first post.

Who determines what's a good answer? There's no-one screening posts to discriminate what gets posted or not. Don't you want people to reply to your inane post? You can decide what you take away with you or not - what's the point berating people for offering you information that you may or may not have had. Appreciate the giving of it.

Well, disregard my post because it doesn't supply you with the 'good answer' that you decided you could decree as being a prerequisite for responding.

Or how about, 'Please do not post if you can't handle responses you don't want'? Since apparently now we can place conditions, there's mine.
there are reasons why i said that to him

if you read around the forum you would see he makes useless posts and it is quite annoying

he offered no information what so ever

i asked a question hoping it would be answerd but i guess i can not get that here what i do get are posts like yours telling me what i can and not say

what gives you the authority?

if any other person wants to post defending "herrgott" please do!
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

He was putting fwd some relevant info about the job. What is off topic about that?

firstly I think you will fail in in thi sjob. You are obviously an arrogant hot head. And from what I understand of VKI operators they have to maintain their composure, cool even in tough situations, stressful environments.

secondly I know from first hand experience that you need a good knowledge of the metro area. And will be tested on it.

thirdly. if you come in with an attitude expect no one to help you.
yorky

Post by yorky »

I'll post defending "herrgott'

Playworth had some actual relevant information stating you also do call taking, how on earth is he meant to read your mind that you already "know" it?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Tyson846

Post by Tyson846 »

Edit by admin - abuse will NOT be tolerated.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Edit by admin - abuse will NOT be tolerated.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Settle down the lot of you!

Petty arguments and flaming in here results in just a bad feeling on the forum. Let's keep the thread on track. If you want to complain about someone's post or attitude take it up in person or with an administrator. Don't just paste abusive crap in here. This is a scanning forum and NOT a place for fighting. Do the latter somewhere else.

I thought watching parliament question time was bad... some of you REALLY need to take a close look at yourselves and change your attitudes.

[/rant]
jasonjag
Banned

Cop cars

Post by jasonjag »

Geez since the Police went Digital, I havnt seen one cop car on the road, did they go invisable too ??

edited by admin - Digital is spelt "Digital" - not "Didgital"
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

I think its about time warsug should start allowing response posts to be shown, remember, if somebody has a go at one of our members about something that is totally uncalled for, we should have every right to show why we feel the way we do, as opposed to being shown as a bunch of pushovers as it appears now.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Leigh on the other hand it has stopped a lot more arguments. If they'd left the posts there the flaming would have continued, and that'd have been a gamble I'd play!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
playworth
Banned

Re: Cop cars

Post by playworth »

jasonjag wrote:Geez since the Police went Didgital, I havnt seen one cop car on the road, did they go invisable too ??
me too. i went into city last saturday and didnt see any officers besides the AFP car and transperth pta car.

Oh and btw i didnt know u KNew what the requiement were..

but do check with jobswest or the paper.

Couirer companys are the same as police in what your asaking. but as for police operator* diffly need police cleance and. have no other job at current time. also willing to work roster and so forward..

hope that helps. :idea:
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here