Transit Security Running Red Lights

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Right Guys, just spoke to my contact a Shift Commander.

Transit vehicles have no exemption under the Road Traffic Act to exceed the speed-limit, run red lights etc etc.........under any circumstances.
Only exception is they can convey people in the rear of their vehicles (baddies, offenders) and this includes to the East Perth lock-up.

End of argument folks.

cheers

Tom
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

I agee end the argument!Guys
cooler

Post by cooler »

For some reason a couple of the replies on this topic are a personal attack on a Security Agent & company that has been operating in Perth for over 15 years , so they must do something right.
Now , to the subject at hand, Secureforce Transit vehicles are classified as "Excempt" this does NOT ALLOW them to go through red lights.
They are allowed to proceed at normal speeds with lights activated,they are allowed to use the emergency lanes & bus lanes. They are not allowed to exceed the speed limit either. I know , I was one of the trainers for their drivers. They are also gazetted under the Road Traffic Act for Traffic Control on roadways unless Police wish to take over.
They are also empowered under the Public Transport Act to infringe on all Public Transport inc Bus Train & Ferries.They are also excempted under the Weapons Act to carry & use OC (pepper spray)& endorsed for Batons if certified. Normal Security Officers are not allowed Pepper Spray.(shopping centres for instance)
hitman

Post by hitman »

cooler wrote:For some reason a couple of the replies on this topic are a personal attack on a Security Agent & company that has been operating in Perth for over 15 years , so they must do something right.
Now , to the subject at hand, Secureforce Transit vehicles are classified as "Excempt" this does NOT ALLOW them to go through red lights.
They are allowed to proceed at normal speeds with lights activated,they are allowed to use the emergency lanes & bus lanes. They are not allowed to exceed the speed limit either. I know , I was one of the trainers for their drivers. They are also gazetted under the Road Traffic Act for Traffic Control on roadways unless Police wish to take over.
They are also empowered under the Public Transport Act to infringe on all Public Transport inc Bus Train & Ferries.They are also excempted under the Weapons Act to carry & use OC (pepper spray)& endorsed for Batons if certified. Normal Security Officers are not allowed Pepper Spray.(shopping centres for instance)
Thats all very well and good. I do not wish to get involved in the arguement, but I worked for SecureForce when we were booked for driving with the lights on.

The only time we were permitted to use the lights on the top of the vehicle by law is while stationary. We were warned harshly and threatened with dismissal for any driving with roof lights on.
cooler

Post by cooler »

hitman ,
you are right , do not get into it ,if you were booked ,then you must have exceeded the legal parameters. BUT , interestingly , my wife who works in the right area confirms that there is no record of a Secureforce Transit vehicle driver being booked in the last 5 years in relation to lightbars
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

No but plently of cautions.....

I recall the episode of the Bomb threat on a Saturday night at Wellington Street Bus Station and the car being stopped on Charles St for speeding and driving with it's lights on... He was let off with a very stern warning from the Coppers.

I have plently to say on this and examples but I won't as I'm not here to piss anyone off 'intentionally'.

cheers

Tom
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I could go on with this but this is neither the place or the time to do it.

This is a scanning site........isnt it.

Who realy cares about who can do what.........at the end of the day if an officer....regardless of who he works for....goes outside the limits of his authority or training then he will get torn apart in court.

If anyone would like a pic of a Railway Patrol Van with RED lights then PM me.....would be happy to show the differance between RED and MAGENTA.

Back to Scanning.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra